Fisker Karma or a Panamera - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Fisker Karma or a Panamera

Hello, im about buying my new daily drive and im about these two cars, an Panamera Hybrid or Diesel 2015 (facelift) or a 2012 Fisker Karma.
I want to buy an reliable car, without expensive breakdowns or expensive maintenance.
I love the styling and the sound of the Fisker Karma, but im really worried about the maintenance, now im daily driving an Dodge Journey and im not familiar with the maintenance of these cars.
Im from Spain.
Thanks.
Pana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

if you are worried about maintenance, I suggest you look at pictures of Karma.
Do not buy one!!!
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I wouldn't say that a Panamera of any kind is a particularly reliable car either. Nor cheap to fix.
weston is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

You definitely need to do your research concerning what maintenance and repairs have been done to the Fisker. If the owner took care of it, you may not have any major problems. If you want to get a Karma that is in excellent condition, you should see if Fisker Philly, or what ever his name is, has for sale. He gets great reviews all the time.
stepa21045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepa21045 View Post
You definitely need to do your research concerning what maintenance and repairs have been done to the Fisker. If the owner took care of it, you may not have any major problems. If you want to get a Karma that is in excellent condition, you should see if Fisker Philly, or what ever his name is, has for sale. He gets great reviews all the time.
His name is Joe and yes his the only one i would buy a used Fisker from
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I use a Karma as a daily driver to go back and forth to the office everyday during the week.
I have no problems with it, it is lots of fun, nobody knows what it is. Just have to remember to plug it in when I get there.

But when I need to go on a long drive, I use my Mercedes.
Kenco Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Garage

Any car can have issues. You have to look at maintenance history. The Pana is not going to be cheap to maintain, it has a lot of required service and expensive service IMO. I was looking at the SAME option back in 2016. I went with the Karma. Both are 4 seats, but the Karma just looks better!

Mine is a later build, 2655 and has been great. Find one you like, mine is for sale so you can use that to compare against other cars and ultimately buy which car you find more enjoyable. You can't go wrong.
For Sale $38,900 rare Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
Mine is a later build, 2655 and has been great. Find one you like, mine is for sale so you can use that to compare against other cars and ultimately buy which car you find more enjoyable. You can't go wrong.
Do the problems you reported in your other post have anything to do with the decision to sell your car?

Simon

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
Do the problems you reported in your other post have anything to do with the decision to sell your car?

Simon
Nope! If I wanted to get rid of it I could have sold it for less, but I know what I have and it's a great car. I would tell when/if you buy a Fisker you get the qwerks! It has little things here and there that happen, but nothing serious for me anyway. You get the occasional heated seats won't come one, radio presets vanish, some other minor things, but I love owning the car and will happily keep it.

My Dad had a Porsche and he was always dropping $$$ on maintenance. I haven't had any of those issues thankfully. Every car will have some issues you don't like or something go wrong, but if you enjoy the car it's not a big deal. I don't mind at all. You have to put money in ALL cars.

Get what will make you happy. I can say the #1 reason I picked the Fisker over the Pana was the EV battery. I love the install acceleration and the looks, my gosh...what car looks better
For Sale $38,900 rare Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote