Buzzing Sound - Resolved (?) - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Default Buzzing Sound - Resolved (?)

Hi all,

This was an interesting one - I was hearing a very annoying buzzing noise when driving over 50 mph or into a headwind. I might have even posted on the forum to see if anyone else had the issue. My wife told me just to turn the radio up, but that wasn't good enough for me.

I drove the car around with lots of insulation tape over anything that I thought could vibrate on the front end of the car. But that drew a blank (and took a lot of time).

Then I decided to use my windshield washer and the sound went away!

My theory is that the small pipes connected to the wiper arms are emptying of water over time and when light and empty they can vibrate in the airflow. I have tested this theory several times and whenever I hear the buzzing noise, I just wash my windshield and the sound goes away for a day or two!

Maybe of help to someone having something similar and getting equally frustrated.

Simon

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote