What's the take on buying a Karma now as a daily driver? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question What's the take on buying a Karma now as a daily driver?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and seen that the Karma (which is a beautiful car) is now at some shockingly attractive prices. However what is it like as a daily driver and what is the support infrastructure like?

With the cars being produced in 2012, I would imagine that most of the batteries are beyond their useful service life - is that a correct or unfair assumption?
shadowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcat View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here and seen that the Karma (which is a beautiful car) is now at some shockingly attractive prices. However what is it like as a daily driver and what is the support infrastructure like?

With the cars being produced in 2012, I would imagine that most of the batteries are beyond their useful service life - is that a correct or unfair assumption?
Mine has been my daily since I bought it new. A few years ago I had a bad battery module and contactor replaced, but haven't seen any appreciable degredation in range or performance otherwise. It's actually been a very good DD for me, with my round trip commute (remember those?) of about 25 miles.

Before you buy one, do your homework. A well sorted car is a joy to own. A problem car is a nightmare. Search these forums, especially the "Buyers Checklist" threads (they should be stickied) and learn about them. Service varies depending on where you live. If you're lucky, you live near a Fisker or Karma dealership or trained tech. If you're really lucky you live near www.evolutionautosports.com. I mention them because if I was going to buy a second Karma they are the first and only place I would look. Joe knows his stuff any car you get from him or that he points you too will be in top shape.

Good luck! Owning a Karma has been really fun, and after 8 years it still turns heads every time I drive it.

Brent

Last edited by LonePalmBJ; 05-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.
LonePalmBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
Mine has been my daily since I bought it new. A few years ago I had a bad battery module and contactor replaced, but haven't seen any appreciable degredation in range or performance otherwise. It's actually been a very good DD for me, with my round trip commute (remember those?) of about 25 miles.

Before you buy one, do your homework. A well sorted car is a joy to own. A problem car is a nightmare. Search these forums, especially the "Buyers Checklist" threads (they should be stickied) and learn about them. Service varies depending on where you live. If you're lucky, you live near a Fisker or Karma dealership or trained tech. If you're really lucky you live near www.evolutionautosports.com. I mention them because if I was going to buy a second Karma they are the first and only place I would look. Joe knows his stuff any car you get from him or that he points you too will be in top shape.

Good luck! Owning a Karma has been really fun, and after 8 years it still turns heads every time I drive it.

Brent
Brent - great note -- maybe we get this pinned and create a section called Fisker Karma FY2012 buying tips . so people don't have to search - but up in the headings .

Old 05-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have been using my Karma as a DD for a week now, works out just fine.
Back and forth to the office, 12.5 miles each way.
Kenco Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I have mine for sale on:
Autotraders.com
Carguru.com
Price $24900.00. which is pretty low. Have full service records and car fax report
New tires, new 12v battery.
good condition. no visible dings or damage. no wheel rash
garaged in PB Florida.
if interested email me at: [email protected]
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)

I'm using mine since 2012 as DD and I love it.
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Not a DD however; drive it often since new in Nov 2012. I would as LonePalmBJ suggests that you be near a trained tech who is experienced in these beauties. Alex Pop in OC, Ca. has been great over the years in keeping mine on the road.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcat View Post

I bought mine as DD, now I don't drive it much...that's why mine is for sale.
For Sale $38,900 rare Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote