Unique battery question (at least for me) - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2020, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Default Unique battery question (at least for me)

From my driveway to the valley floor is exactly 3 miles with a 1,000 ft. vertical drop, thus I've always stopped my HV battery from filling completely and usually stop it at around 44-45 miles instead of letting it fill to 50 (I use a timer, and it charges at a rate of about 10 miles each hour). My reasoning is so I can use the regenerative braking all the way down the hill, and usually recover anywhere from 3-5 miles by the time I'm at the valley floor (my wife says I'm anal, I say I'm efficient...)
Now, for some reason, when the battery hits 47 miles on the way down, the regen kicks off and never goes any higher. It used to go to 49, and every once in a great while it could hit 50, but rarely.
So...am I to assume at least one of the battery cells is going bad? Oh, and if I leave it plugged in, the battery does still reach 50, so that's a bit more confusing.
Anyway, I suppose it's not really a problem, but it could be an early sign of a big problem around the corner.
Thoughts?
Deposit #632 made March 22, 2008...ordered EcoSport - Eclipse - Monsoon Tri-Tone on March 22, 2011...Began driving February 17, 2012 (although I would have waited until March 22 if necessary)
Richard Carnes is offline   Reply With Quote