Help - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Help

I posted this in another forum but, what my problem is. I live in mn and it gets real cold and I was out of the country and didn't charge my 12v battery at all. Sat for 3 months in below zero weather. I went to start it and no surprise it was completely dead. I put a charger on it and then the lights inside the car would turn on but that's about it. Hit the start button and nothing happens. Key fob locks and unlocks the car and the trunk. Battery is prolly toast but it's weird that the lights inside come on nice and bright. I'm confused and would greatly appreciate any help. I did hard reset and that didn't do a thing. I know the vcm lost its wake up cause the battery is fine at 14.5 volts. I really dont wanna take it out of the car. Doesnt look like any fun please help
Toddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

The flashing of the lights is a good sign. The power for this is supplied by the 12V battery.
But if the 12V battery is too weak, the current may not be sufficient to start the computers...

Have you tried connecting another 12V battery?

I had a similar problem and could only start the car with an additional 12V battery ...
It turns out that the connectors on the 12V battery didn't have the right connections.
As a result, I was able to start again after operation (the contacts got warm by the charging current, which strengthened the contact), but after cooling down, the contacts are bad again, which required an additional battery for starting ...

give it a try.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote