Karmaversary #8 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2020, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Default Karmaversary #8

Hard to believe that itís been 8 years since I first met my Fisker Karma. We have traveled far and wide together, and except for a few scratches, and a battery pack that starts wheezing around 35 miles now, she is still the same car, and I still get a thrill each time to walk up to her, and when I glide away in a whisper of UFO Sound.

Wishing everyone good karma and many Karmaversaries to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80167200-5FD7-41CB-86AD-903E61745039.jpg (555.4 KB, 13 views)

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage

My Karmaversary was the 11th, and she still turns heads the way she did eight years ago. Now, in addition to the "What is that??" questions I now also get "I can't believe this is 8 years old". My Karma has held up great, and thanks to the magic of Joe @FiskerPhilly a few years ago, the battery and the rest of the car runs as good as ever (and better than new!)

Which is why it's a little sad that I think I may be coming to the end of the road with my Karma. Eight years is a long time and the call of something new is growing loud. Not doing anything immediately, but if you are in the market for a sweetheart Deep Ocean ecosport that's about as sorted as they come, let me know. Of course, car or not, FiskerBuzz is family for me and I'll continue to read, moderate and participate here.

Brent

Last edited by LonePalmBJ; 02-23-2020 at 06:32 PM.
LonePalmBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
My Karmaversary was the 11th, and she still turns heads the way she did eight years ago. Now, in addition to the "What is that??" questions I now also get "I can't believe this is 8 years old". My Karma has held up great, and thanks to the magic of Joe @FiskerPhilly a few years ago, the battery and the rest of the car runs as good as ever (and better than new!)

Which is why it's a little sad that I think I may be coming to the end of the road with my Karma. Eight years is a long time and the call of something new is growing loud. Not doing anything immediately, but if you are in the market for a sweetheart Deep Ocean ecosport that's about as sorted as they come, let me know. Of course, car or not, FiskerBuzz is family for me and I'll continue to read, moderate and participate here.

Brent
Once I experienced my Karma, I knew that my ICE days are over and all of my future vehicles will be EVs, and until this year, there were no EVs on the Market that sent any electrons through my heart. 2020 seems to be the year when that may change, and I catch myself reading up on Porsche Taycan, Jaguar I-Pace, and even Rivian Pickup Truck with the first inklings of desire. I guess we will see what happens when these cars actually start showing up on the roads. Another option that is becoming increasingly viable is a full EV upgrade for the Karma.

Will see how things develop, but in the meantime, and for the foreseeable future, Kara will be my main girl.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Once I experienced my Karma, I knew that my ICE days are over and all of my future vehicles will be EVs, and until this year, there were no EVs on the Market that sent any electrons through my heart. 2020 seems to be the year when that may change, and I catch myself reading up on Porsche Taycan, Jaguar I-Pace, and even Rivian Pickup Truck with the first inklings of desire. I guess we will see what happens when these cars actually start showing up on the roads. Another option that is becoming increasingly viable is a full EV upgrade for the Karma.

Will see how things develop, but in the meantime, and for the foreseeable future, Kara will be my main girl.
I looked seriously at the iPace but ultimately it didn't speak to me. The Rivian is REALLY interesting - I watched a great video about it just last night - but it's the Taycan that has caught my attention. I drove one last week and it's astounding.

Here's the Rivian video I mentioned: https://youtu.be/QMfxJEfb4lw

Brent
Old 02-25-2020, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Default Anniversary

My 8 years is in two weeks, but she means just as much to me now as she did then. Living at 8,600 feet with over three feet of snow in the yard, I only get to drive her between April and October, but still love every time we get together. Still working on having my wife join the EV team. She loved the I-Pace, but wouldn't pull the trigger, yet shows interest in Fisker's Ocean. I put money down on Fisker's Emotion a few years ago and the same with Rivian a few months ago. Luckily I'm patient, but pretty sure the Chevy ZR2 I'm driving this winter will be my last ICE. I certainly hope so...
Deposit #632 made March 22, 2008...ordered EcoSport - Eclipse - Monsoon Tri-Tone on March 22, 2011...Began driving February 17, 2012 (although I would have waited until March 22 if necessary)
Richard Carnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
GoKarma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Brent, I totally get it. I just sold mine (ECO Chic - Shadow) and had it shipped to the new owner in Chicago. I really miss the car, but it was just time for me to get something new. I ordered a Tesla Model Y (yes, I know it's not as beautiful as the Karma). I sold the Karma because I was not driving it that much (had less than 15K miles when I sold it). That tells you how much I really drove it. Moreover my insurance company kept jacking up my rate for a car that sits in the garage average of 6+ months a year. And I agree that once you’ve driven EV, it's really hard to go back to a 100% ICE vehicle. I choose Tesla because of the technology they have in their vehicles. I'll wait to see about the Fisker Emotion.........that's a more beautiful car. Hope it comes to market.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Great post! I came a little later to the party, but not by much (June 2013), which means I'm coming up on 7 years. Still a beautiful car and the Shadow paint (a name more appropriate for a grey color than a tan one) still sparkles. I've only ever washed it myself, but I see some swirl marks now and wonder if some kind of wax/detailing would help (though I always toy with the idea of wrapping it, though putting $3-4K into a car worth about $30K doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially since I like the Shadow color anyway) - anyone know about this?

My son is now learning to drive, and says he prefers the Fisker to the Tesla, but to me the model 3 is so much easier to drive, and the 'tablet' satellite map and stereo make the Fisker's CIU seem ancient, which is why I'm also torn by the idea of buying a Model Y as a second (more practical) car. It highlights the dire need for a new info screen (something higher-res, more responsive, apple carplay would pretty much satisfy most needs). Has anyone found a SIMPLE solution to this (I know powersource was said to be working on this, but I think the numbers wouldn't allow them to come up with something affordable)?

The range on my battery is still excellent though. I rarely drive more than electric range, but on a recent trip across town, in slow (but not stop-and-go) traffic on the highway, I drove the entire 53-mile round trip with just the last few miles on gas, so I am still getting astonishingly good range (I would guess 45+ miles of the 50 stated, which was never even 'real' to begin with).
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

Today is my Karmaversary. Bought it new in 2012. Had a number of issues in the early days that were covered under warranty and the extended warranty but the car has been very reliable after the warranty's expired. Fun to drive and it gets a lot of attention. The longest trip was from San Diego to Portland Oregon via California Pacific Coast Highway 1. Even went through the drive through tree in Leggett, California which is the north end of the PCH.
2012 Karma EcoSport Inferno/Canyon #1188
1966 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, Propane Powered
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
doc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

What an awesome post and thread. Today is the 8th year of my Fisker Karma. It is very Bittersweet as I traded it in along with another car just a couple weeks ago. It was literally one of the hardest decisions I have had to make. I always envisioned keeping her forever. No car has yet to compare to its style/ luxury and electric/ ICE combo. I also took it on several long road trips up the California coast, to vegas and beyond. It had a little over 40K miles on it and I never had any issues with the car other than the stuff covered by the warranty and extended warranty. It actually was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. In the end it came down to the same mentioned above (rising insurance costs, registration fees and lowering and lowering residual value) It went to a dear friend that manages a dealership so I know it will find a good home. This thread is also a family to me and I will always check back in as I did today!
2013 BMW 750 Li
doc is offline   Reply With Quote