Red ring, can't find answer to issue - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Garage
Unhappy Red ring, can't find answer to issue

I was driving home yesterday, parked in the garage and turned the car off. I opened the door and it started dinging like the key was not in the car sound. I looked at the dash and it was still on showing the battery level and gas level, then I looked at the start button and it was a red ring. I thought hmm, this is not normal...I have never had this happen (I'm on 535).

I sat there and then the car went off 2 minutes later. I started it up and still a red ring on the ignition button. The car goes into D no issues, no fault light, no orange on the CIU, but the button stays RED and the car will not power off correctlty. I did a hard reset no change.

ideas?
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655

Last edited by jomak; 10-17-2019 at 05:16 PM.
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Garage

It charges, it drives, the EVer (ready) button is Red. I wonder if I set the delay power of option in the settings...could that be it? I'll check tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
It charges, it drives, the EVer (ready) button is Red. I wonder if I set the delay power of option in the settings...could that be it? I'll check tomorrow.
Post a picture
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Post a picture

https://ibb.co/G2BZf9Y

This is the car after I turned it off. EVer is green when on, but the ring is always RED. It's always gone dead when I power it off, now it stays alive for a minute or two. I checked the settings and nothing is changed, the car is set to NO delay.

I don't recal the ring being RED, it may have been, IDK. I do know the power off behavior is unexpected and new. The car drives fine, charges fine, it just changed it's power off behavior.

Last edited by jomak; 10-23-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Garage

*** SOLVED ***

I figured it out driving today. I was driving with the wife and I noticed my lights were in the ON position. Then it hit me, I was messing with the lights as I was parked waiting for my son at soccer. I turned the lights to AUTO and the RED ring above the green EVer went away, the ring light went off. So I turned the ligts back on and ring went RED again, ah-ha!

When I parked with the lights on AUTO the car went off immediately as it should. Then I put the lights on and the car stayed on...that was it!

I am surprised no one here could answer this question, shocked! I can't be the only person who has noticed this. Anyway, file it away for another Fisker qerk
Old 10-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
*** SOLVED ***

I figured it out driving today. I was driving with the wife and I noticed my lights were in the ON position. Then it hit me, I was messing with the lights as I was parked waiting for my son at soccer. I turned the lights to AUTO and the RED ring above the green EVer went away, the ring light went off. So I turned the ligts back on and ring went RED again, ah-ha!

When I parked with the lights on AUTO the car went off immediately as it should. Then I put the lights on and the car stayed on...that was it!

I am surprised no one here could answer this question, shocked! I can't be the only person who has noticed this. Anyway, file it away for another Fisker qerk
I'm glad that's all it was! I can honestly say I'm not sure the last time I changed the lights from Auto - several years surely -but I don't recall any lighting around the EVer ring. I wonder if that's new with one of the software updates from Karma Automotive. You may literally be the first person to see it!