Infotainment Losing Memory - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
GoKarma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Default Infotainment Losing Memory

Need help, please. My infotainment is no longer holding memory. Here are the issues I have noticed. The car drives fine, no issues at.
1) Lost a the preset FM/AM radio stations. Reset them, turn the car off, then back on again, all preset stations are gone.

2) Same thing happens with Satellite radio stations

3) My phone is no longer able to connect to the bluetooth.

4) The USB port were I plugged my ipod, ipod doesn't not show up in the infotainment screen. Plug in a USB drive, light on USB stick lights up, but the infotainment does not show it. Push on the USB on the infotainment screen, nothing happens.

What I have done to try to fix the issue.
I performed the reset procedure by disconnecting the cables under the hood (passenger side). Did not fix issue. Any help anyone here can give will be very much appreciated. Thanks
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

You probably have a water leak from the cowl seal, this is causing the CIU-unit to short out resulting in an internal program crash. There is a special USB-tool that is able to reflash the unit if you are lucky, but you probably have to get a new CIU…
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I just started having the same issue. Did happen after a long drive in a rainstorm. Was initially diagnosed as a faulty connection with the 12 Volt battery. That was fixed but since then, whenever I get in, seems to reset to factory settings - LA timezone, no presets for radio, Imperial units (I am in Canada so a pain to change this every time). What is this USB tool and how can I access it?
Strobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
GoKarma

Garage

I'm taking mine in to the Karma dealership here on Denver, CO next week Monday 10/14. Speaking to the Service Manager yesterday, he stated the Karma Technician will update and then re-flash the CIU. Also stated that the Tech may sometimes contact the Karma factory for additional instructions. Looks like this issue is a common one with Fisker Karma. I'll update this thread with their findings and solutions. I hope this won't cost me arm and a leg.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
I'm taking mine in to the Karma dealership here on Denver, CO next week Monday 10/14. Speaking to the Service Manager yesterday, he stated the Karma Technician will update and then re-flash the CIU. Also stated that the Tech may sometimes contact the Karma factory for additional instructions. Looks like this issue is a common one with Fisker Karma. I'll update this thread with their findings and solutions. I hope this won't cost me arm and a leg.
PM sent since you have a dealer close by it might be a good option I have a stand alone tool that does the same as the dealer they usual charge two hours labor
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
GoKarma

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
PM sent since you have a dealer close by it might be a good option I have a stand alone tool that does the same as the dealer they usual charge two hours labor
Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it.
I know you have helped a lot of folks here............Question for you, do you think this will happen again? And it it does, can I call or email you directly for your tool. I'm sure your price will be a lot more attractive than the dealership.

Name: Thomson
Here's my email: [email protected]
Phone: 720-979-3989
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had the same problem. Took it to Prestige imports N. Miami Fl. wires were corroded. They cleaned them up and sealed the leak. No parts were needed. It has been eight months and no problems.
mister D is offline   Reply With Quote