Fisker broke down, towed, need help... - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2019, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default Fisker broke down, towed, need help...

Unfortunately I’m back with another major issue, last night while going out to dinner, my karma just shut down at about 60mph with the reduce performance error, all miles and battery life dropped to zero, rolled into a parking lot a quarter mile up to street, car will not drive, gears only go to park and neutral. After a few reset attempts on the side of the road, the reduce performance went away and now it says car has 260 miles range and 11 battery with a flashing ready, it was only 120 total before the issue. Prior that day I was getting a lot of misfires, oil change, bulb failure and washer fluid which were all recently changed turned it to sport aswell for nearly 5 miles. Today I was able to get it towed successfully back to the house, car will still not turn on and car will not charge, attempted to put the charger on the car it did the click, then immediately clicked offer and afterwards kept doing a strange click on and off until the charger was pulled out, now when the charger is plugged in I get no sound, no click, no charge. I tried to power the car on, it goes to green but ice doesn’t seem to kick in but it makes this awful high pitched noise inside of engine bay, I have recorded a video and uploaded to YouTube.

This is my daily driver and I love this car... really need to know how to proceed to fix this, thoughts are maybe it’s the coupler? But why would the battery not charge? Miles currently 30,600 check engine light has been on for a week prior but no driving issues at all

What’s next? Thanks everyone. Forums a life saver...
Whatsafisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

here is the link to video, please tell me whats wrong with my car. thanks
Old 08-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)

By "reset", I assume you mean you unplugged the big black plug and left it unplugged for several 5-10 minutes...?

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
By "reset", I assume you mean you unplugged the big black plug and left it unplugged for several 5-10 minutes...?
yes, generally fixes all the issues with my car, had a check engine light for over a week prior to this, but car ran perfectly fine and ive had so many codes come up and go away on there own, wasnt really concerned about it. car wont even hold a charge currently
Old 08-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can someone help me?
Old 08-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsafisker View Post
Can someone help me?
misfires most of the time is a coupler issue. The high pitch sound probably coms from the pump in the front with the reservoir with the blue fluid. I had a similar thing at a hot day and the car was plugged in after pressing the start button. At that time my blower motor was burned due to water intrusion, but that is probably not your problem. After a hard reset it is normal the fuel stays at maximum until you start the ice, then it drops to the actual fuel level. I don’t know why the car doesn’t charge. I hope one of the technicians on the forum knows...
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)

The high pitch more than likely is the power steering pump. The least of your problems right now is the charging issue .
You need to do a hard reset if the green ready light is flashing your car won’t go into gear or run.
After you do the hard reset see if the ready light is still flashing if it isn’t then try putting the car into drive . Reduce performance usually is a HV battery problem . If you miles to zero have been dropping faster then before that will account for many of your problems right now .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
The high pitch more than likely is the power steering pump. The least of your problems right now is the charging issue .
You need to do a hard reset if the green ready light is flashing your car wonít go into gear or run.
After you do the hard reset see if the ready light is still flashing if it isnít then try putting the car into drive . Reduce performance usually is a HV battery problem . If you miles to zero have been dropping faster then before that will account for many of your problems right now .

Hard reset, is popping the hood and taking the large black cable pulling it apart and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes before resetting the car correct? If so I have done this one too many times the last few days, the flashing ready has yet to leave, the gears sound like theyre grinding when they go from neutral to park. The battery life has been better than usual actually up until this happened. The car will always turn on, just ice will not seem to kick. I had this issue occur a few weeks prior this, rolled it to a charger unit on vacation did what I think is a reset and the car worked and this happened nearly a couple thousand miles later. thank you for replying
Old 08-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
misfires most of the time is a coupler issue. The high pitch sound probably coms from the pump in the front with the reservoir with the blue fluid. I had a similar thing at a hot day and the car was plugged in after pressing the start button. At that time my blower motor was burned due to water intrusion, but that is probably not your problem. After a hard reset it is normal the fuel stays at maximum until you start the ice, then it drops to the actual fuel level. I donít know why the car doesnít charge. I hope one of the technicians on the forum knows...
Hard reset is pulling black cable and letting sit for 5-10 mins correct?
Old 08-20-2019, 06:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
2012 White Eco Sport 2348

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsafisker View Post
Hard reset is pulling black cable and letting sit for 5-10 mins correct?
t4579ad is offline   Reply With Quote