Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   No service in michigan (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/40789-no-service-michigan.html)

scurry1074 07-01-2019 06:05 PM

No service in michigan

Michigan has lost its service center.

Today I called the service center in Troy Michigan where I get my Fisker serviced and the rep told me that Karma is was no longer doing business at the service center.

He stated that they haven't even sold one Karma and they had lost millions of dollars and they gave all the Karmas back. They have limited equipment to service the Fisker. They gave back the code readers. He said they will still change the oil and do some minor work or repairs if I drop the Fisker off for a week or so and be patient.

Does anyone know of anyone servicing Fiskers in the Michigan area?

My air condition is blowing hot air and today for the first time (6 years) my temperature warning light is on.

Sam

buzinvest 07-01-2019 09:43 PM

Wow, bummer!
Troy was the closest service center for me also. I live about a half hour south of Cleveland. Anyone know where I would have service done closest to Northeast Ohio? I have a 2 year warranty. I have only had my Fisker about 1 2/3 yrs and I have not needed any service yet.
Fiskerphilly, any ideas?
Regards

FiskerPhilly 07-02-2019 11:51 PM

Other than me? Nope. @scurry1074 you need a new ICE cooling fan. Any decent high end shop can do it I would be glad to walk them through it and can supply the part. Just shoot me an email.
[email protected]

t4579ad 07-03-2019 08:00 AM

Hey Sam, Where in Mi. are you? I live in Harrison Twp.

scurry1074 07-03-2019 05:05 PM

I'm in the Detroit area

Sam

scurry1074 07-06-2019 01:06 PM

FiskerPhilly

I sent you an email. Let me know if you didnít receive it.

Sam

t4579ad 07-08-2019 07:42 AM

We are not far from each other, we should meet up some time.

I sent my car to fiskerphilly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurry1074 (Post 326109)
I'm in the Detroit area

Sam

scurry1074 07-13-2019 04:39 PM

Remove & Replace the ICE Cooling Fan

Could someone that have excess to the Fisker service manual post the procedure to remove and replace the ICE Cooling Fan.

FiskerPhilly is on vacation and donít have access to the manual at this time.

He advised me to remove the front fascia, air cleaner assembly and remove it from the top. He also said it can be removed from underneath but you could easily break off one of the mounting ears so you may not want to do it from underneath.

Underneath seems to be the easier way. There is a sway bar going across the bottom from one side to the other that needs to be removed but I would like to have the Fisker manual instructions before I take to someone to have it done.

Sam

steven 07-16-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurry1074 (Post 326183)
...procedure to remove and replace the ICE Cooling Fan...

When HarleyGuy replaced my cooling fan under the recall many years ago, he did a trick to do it in about 10 minutes from underneath. He cut one of the bottom bolt supports with a cutting tool and it came out easy-peasy.

Hope HarleyGuy doesn't mind me sharing his secrets.

scurry1074 07-16-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven (Post 326201)
When HarleyGuy replaced my cooling fan under the recall many years ago, he did a trick to do it in about 10 minutes from underneath. He cut one of the bottom bolt supports with a cutting tool and it came out easy-peasy.

Hope HarleyGuy doesn't mind me sharing his secrets.

The cooling fan you're referring to is not the large ICE Cooling Fan that sit in front of the radiator. The fan you're referring to is the fan that was involved in the Fisker recall that was defective.