Fisker Buzz Forums banner

No service in michigan

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  scurry1074 
#1 ·
Michigan has lost its service center.

Today I called the service center in Troy Michigan where I get my Fisker serviced and the rep told me that Karma is was no longer doing business at the service center.

He stated that they haven't even sold one Karma and they had lost millions of dollars and they gave all the Karmas back. They have limited equipment to service the Fisker. They gave back the code readers. He said they will still change the oil and do some minor work or repairs if I drop the Fisker off for a week or so and be patient.

Does anyone know of anyone servicing Fiskers in the Michigan area?

My air condition is blowing hot air and today for the first time (6 years) my temperature warning light is on.

Sam

#2 ·
Wow, bummer!
Troy was the closest service center for me also. I live about a half hour south of Cleveland. Anyone know where I would have service done closest to Northeast Ohio? I have a 2 year warranty. I have only had my Fisker about 1 2/3 yrs and I have not needed any service yet.
Fiskerphilly, any ideas?
Regards

#12 · (Edited)
I replaced the ICE Cooling Fan with the new fan and It didn't work! I got the same response as the old fan. I benched test the old fan with a 12 volt battery and it worked fine. So the problem is obviously not the fan.

It seems to me if would have to be a relay or module something. I'm looking for other ideals as to what could be the problem and would appreciate any input. The fan doesn't come on and the air condition blows warm or hot air. The ICE comes on as normal and I haven't had the warning light anymore. Still no cooling fan not working and air condition blowing warm air.

AutoZone Error Codes:

U110F
U0293 Lost Communication Hybrid Power-train Control Module
P0AE7 Hybrid Battery Precharge Contractor Control Circuit High
P1AA5

In-spite of these error code the vehicle performs well.

Sam

#8 ·
Remove & Replace the ICE Cooling Fan

Could someone that have excess to the Fisker service manual post the procedure to remove and replace the ICE Cooling Fan.

FiskerPhilly is on vacation and don’t have access to the manual at this time.

He advised me to remove the front fascia, air cleaner assembly and remove it from the top. He also said it can be removed from underneath but you could easily break off one of the mounting ears so you may not want to do it from underneath.

Underneath seems to be the easier way. There is a sway bar going across the bottom from one side to the other that needs to be removed but I would like to have the Fisker manual instructions before I take to someone to have it done.

Sam

#15 ·
You better check the Freon level in the AC if there isn’t any Freon or the Ac is low on Freon the ac compressor won’t come on . If the AC compressor doesn’t come on the aux fan won’t come on . If you turn the AC you should hear the compressor come on for a second or two and shut off if this happens check the Freon .
Have your mechanic Evac and recharge the AC

#20 ·
Could be A Good Ideal, But?

I love the Fisker Karma like most of us on this board. Right now it's one of the coolest cars you can own. I purchased my car new in Sept 2012 and I had all the service and updates done, including a new high volt battery replaced under warranty. I'm still amazed when I drive the car that it performs so well after more than 50,000 miles of driving. After all these years the battery seems to have more range than when I first bought the car. I haven't notice any deterioration in performance or range.

However, if I was going to buy a Fisker Karma today I would pay whatever it cost to have someone from this board or a Fisker/Karma dealer that is well qualified to do a through inspection to determine that the car is in excellent shape. I would prefer the same type inspection that Fisker/Karma did when they sold me an extended warranty. Fisker would not warrant the car with any pre-existing condition.

In my opinion it would be a bad ideal to purchase a Fisker without this type of inspection done. A major repair or battery replacement can be very expense.

As far as where you would get it serviced at I wouldn't know yet since I haven't had any major problems in need of service since my warranty expired and the dealer in Michigan jumped ship on us.

I guest I would have to ship the car by truck to FiskerPhilly to have him to complete the service.

Another Fisker owner in Michigan sent his Fisker to FiskerPhilly by truck to have it service. Minor service like oil changes can be done locally.

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.