No service in michigan - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry1074 View Post
The cooling fan you're referring to is not the large ICE Cooling Fan that sit in front of the radiator. The fan you're referring to is the fan that was involved in the Fisker recall that was defective.
Come to think of it, it was not the one replaced in the recall.

It was definitely the ICE fan.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
Other than me? Nope. @scurry1074 you need a new ICE cooling fan. Any decent high end shop can do it I would be glad to walk them through it and can supply the part. Just shoot me an email.
[email protected]
I replaced the ICE Cooling Fan with the new fan and It didn't work! I got the same response as the old fan. I benched test the old fan with a 12 volt battery and it worked fine. So the problem is obviously not the fan.

It seems to me if would have to be a relay or module something. I'm looking for other ideals as to what could be the problem and would appreciate any input. The fan doesn't come on and the air condition blows warm or hot air. The ICE comes on as normal and I haven't had the warning light anymore. Still no cooling fan not working and air condition blowing warm air.

AutoZone Error Codes:

U110F
U0293 Lost Communication Hybrid Power-train Control Module
P0AE7 Hybrid Battery Precharge Contractor Control Circuit High
P1AA5

In-spite of these error code the vehicle performs well.

Sam

Last edited by scurry1074; 07-19-2019 at 03:26 PM.
scurry1074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
I replaced the ICE Cooling Fan with the new fan and It didn't work!
Just to make sure. Did you replace just the fan, or the whole Fisker OEM fan assembly with housing which has a microchip in it?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Just to make sure. Did you replace just the fan, or the whole Fisker OEM fan assembly with housing which has a microchip in it?
I replaced the OEM fan assembly with the housing. I got the same response as the old fan assembly which prompted me to test the fan I removed. I ran wires to the fan from a 12 volt battery and the fan worked fine.

When I turn the air condition on the fan doesn't come on as it usually does and it blows warm air.

Sam

PS I talked to Haleyguy and he instructed me on the procedure to replace the ICE Fan. The mechanic and I took over 3 hours to replace the fan. It's not an easy job!!!

Last edited by scurry1074; 07-23-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

You better check the Freon level in the AC if there isn’t any Freon or the Ac is low on Freon the ac compressor won’t come on . If the AC compressor doesn’t come on the aux fan won’t come on . If you turn the AC you should hear the compressor come on for a second or two and shut off if this happens check the Freon .
Have your mechanic Evac and recharge the AC
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Smile Problem Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
You better check the Freon level in the AC if there isnít any Freon or the Ac is low on Freon the ac compressor wonít come on . If the AC compressor doesnít come on the aux fan wonít come on . If you turn the AC you should hear the compressor come on for a second or two and shut off if this happens check the Freon .
Have your mechanic Evac and recharge the AC
I had the system Evacuated and Recharged and everything is back to normal.

Fan is working and air condition is cold!!! No problems at this time.

Thanks Harleyguy and everyone else.

Sam
Old 07-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Smile High Voltage Battery On Steroids

Quote:
I had the system Evacuated and Recharged and everything is back to normal.

Fan is working and air condition is cold!!! No problems at this time.

Thanks Harleyguy and everyone else.

Sam
One thing that was very apparent when I was not able to used the air condition and my ICE Fan was not working is that the High Voltage Battery was given me an additional 10 to 15 miles in battery range.

I go places like downtown Detroit and back home without using the ICE and would have 10 to 15 miles still available in battery range when I get back home. It almost felt like a different battery in the car. It's just amazing how much battery range we give up for the conform that we expect.

On cool days when the air condition is not needed I now turn the air condition off and roll the windows down to enjoy the extended battery range.

Sam
Old 07-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
One thing that was very apparent when I was not able to used the air condition and my ICE Fan was not working is that the High Voltage Battery was given me an additional 10 to 15 miles in battery range.

I go places like downtown Detroit and back home without using the ICE and would have 10 to 15 miles still available in battery range when I get back home. It almost felt like a different battery in the car. It's just amazing how much battery range we give up for the conform that we expect.

On cool days when the air condition is not needed I now turn the air condition off and roll the windows down to enjoy the extended battery range.

Sam
One of the reasons Fisker claimed the car got 50 miles on battery is because the did the tests with the AC off .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Michigan has lost its service center.

Today I called the service center in Troy Michigan where I get my Fisker serviced and the rep told me that Karma is was no longer doing business at the service center.

He stated that they haven't even sold one Karma and they had lost millions of dollars and they gave all the Karmas back. They have limited equipment to service the Fisker. They gave back the code readers. He said they will still change the oil and do some minor work or repairs if I drop the Fisker off for a week or so and be patient.

Does anyone know of anyone servicing Fiskers in the Michigan area?

My air condition is blowing hot air and today for the first time (6 years) my temperature warning light is on.

Sam

Hello! I’m in the Detroit area and strongly looking into purchasing a used Fisker. I understand they have there problems but is it a bad idea? Where do I get it serviced / fixed? I’d love to be a owner of one!

Thank you
Statefan313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Cool Could be A Good Ideal, But?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statefan313 View Post
Hello! I’m in the Detroit area and strongly looking into purchasing a used Fisker. I understand they have there problems but is it a bad idea? Where do I get it serviced / fixed? I’d love to be a owner of one!

Thank you
I love the Fisker Karma like most of us on this board. Right now it's one of the coolest cars you can own. I purchased my car new in Sept 2012 and I had all the service and updates done, including a new high volt battery replaced under warranty. I'm still amazed when I drive the car that it performs so well after more than 50,000 miles of driving. After all these years the battery seems to have more range than when I first bought the car. I haven't notice any deterioration in performance or range.

However, if I was going to buy a Fisker Karma today I would pay whatever it cost to have someone from this board or a Fisker/Karma dealer that is well qualified to do a through inspection to determine that the car is in excellent shape. I would prefer the same type inspection that Fisker/Karma did when they sold me an extended warranty. Fisker would not warrant the car with any pre-existing condition.

In my opinion it would be a bad ideal to purchase a Fisker without this type of inspection done. A major repair or battery replacement can be very expense.

As far as where you would get it serviced at I wouldn't know yet since I haven't had any major problems in need of service since my warranty expired and the dealer in Michigan jumped ship on us.

I guest I would have to ship the car by truck to FiskerPhilly to have him to complete the service.

Another Fisker owner in Michigan sent his Fisker to FiskerPhilly by truck to have it service. Minor service like oil changes can be done locally.

Sam