EV miles over 27 stayed! - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2019, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage
Lightbulb EV miles over 27 stayed!

I started up the FK to make a short run, I was on 42 EV miles (I keep the battery at 80% full unless I need more) and the ICE fired up on it's own. That's not unusual as I hardly ever use the ICE, so it turns on every now and again. So I head out on my journey and when I reach my destination, 3 miles down the road with AC on, I didn't use any EV miles!

You can't save EV miles over 27 in Sport, but it looks like the car can save EV miles when it internally turns the ICE on. Has anyone else seen this?
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
I started up the FK to make a short run, I was on 42 EV miles (I keep the battery at 80% full unless I need more) and the ICE fired up on it's own. That's not unusual as I hardly ever use the ICE, so it turns on every now and again. So I head out on my journey and when I reach my destination, 3 miles down the road with AC on, I didn't use any EV miles!

You can't save EV miles over 27 in Sport, but it looks like the car can save EV miles when it internally turns the ICE on. Has anyone else seen this?
If the engine is running and you have more than 25 miles of battery you will use both gas and battery at the same time .
50 miles will go down to 25 miles if your using gas but will stop after 25 miles this is normal.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
If the engine is running and you have more than 25 miles of battery you will use both gas and battery at the same time .
50 miles will go down to 25 miles if your using gas but will stop after 25 miles this is normal.
Exactly! I left at 42 miles, drive 3 miles with the ICE on, automatically turned on and when I stopped it read 42 miles! The car didn't use EV miles, stayed at 42.
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)

Quote:
Exactly! I left at 42 miles, drive 3 miles with the ICE on, automatically turned on and when I stopped it read 42 miles! The car didn't use EV miles, stayed at 42.
yes, this is normal for EV mode.
and if you had gone further, you might have even built miles.
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
At the forum I have read that everytime the car is driven in EV mode, the 20th time the ICE will become active. In my experience at that time the ICE burns around 1 liter, so driving around 10 km's, than switches off again. Subsequently you save 10 km's of battery range and the meter stays at a certain point.
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Default Miles

Anything below 45 mi in EV Mode it will hold or increase with a T.O.M. With the

AC on it will pretty much just hold. Without will build some miles but never more

than 45.
ss89 is online now   Reply With Quote