New unknown problem - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Default New unknown problem

Hi Fisker Community,
Been enjoying the car for the last few weeks but now I have a new unknown problem. Hoping someone here can help.
Ive got 3 codes that popped up: P0A7B, P1C03 and P1200
P0A7B seems to be a general code that the car is requesting to show the check engine light (from my search here)
P1C03 is a battery balance issue? not sure what that is
P1200 got me stumped...exhaust issue?

Car seems to drive fine and charges fine, all the way up to 50 and down to 0 as normal, no massive drops in battery range. Appreciate your insight. Thanks
morphius88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius88 View Post
Hi Fisker Community,
Been enjoying the car for the last few weeks but now I have a new unknown problem. Hoping someone here can help.
Ive got 3 codes that popped up: P0A7B, P1C03 and P1200
P0A7B seems to be a general code that the car is requesting to show the check engine light (from my search here)
P1C03 is a battery balance issue? not sure what that is
P1200 got me stumped...exhaust issue?

Car seems to drive fine and charges fine, all the way up to 50 and down to 0 as normal, no massive drops in battery range. Appreciate your insight. Thanks
Cod P0A7B is the control unit for the HV-battery requesting MIL due to a problem within the HV-battery pack itself. The actual problem (P1C03) is battery module 14 (bottom front module in HV-battery pack). It could very well be the battery pack being out of balance and I wouldn't worry too much at vis time especially sins it is the first time and there is no massive drop in battery range.

Clear the fault codes and cycle the battery pack a few times (drive down to cero and recharge to full). If the fault cod P1C03 persists you clearly have a weak module (no. 14) in your HV battery back.
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCastic View Post
Cod P0A7B is the control unit for the HV-battery requesting MIL due to a problem within the HV-battery pack itself. The actual problem (P1C03) is battery module 14 (bottom front module in HV-battery pack). It could very well be the battery pack being out of balance and I wouldn't worry too much at vis time especially sins it is the first time and there is no massive drop in battery range.

Clear the fault codes and cycle the battery pack a few times (drive down to cero and recharge to full). If the fault cod P1C03 persists you clearly have a weak module (no. 14) in your HV battery back.
I am pretty sure this happened after I got an aftermarket charger to replace the one that came with the car. But its been charging perfectly fine as far as I know. I will try to clear codes and do a few charge cycles.
Any clue on P1200?
morphius88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2019, 12:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius88 View Post
I am pretty sure this happened after I got an aftermarket charger to replace the one that came with the car. But its been charging perfectly fine as far as I know. I will try to clear codes and do a few charge cycles.
Any clue on P1200?
P1200 check engine is your oxygen sensor / fuel injector / exhaust system...
However, your P1200 DTCs may be triggered by faults earlier down the line.
I would check faults like, dirty air filter, leaking / cracked muffler / etc.

Clear the codes and perform a hard reset… check whether the P1200 problem persists…
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I purchased a Karma yesterday for the wife It is her dream car. Today however I am getting a service brake message then a service park brake message and the car will not drive. I also got a 12 volt critically low message a time or two. I tried a hard reset of the main cable on the passenger side. Nothing. I am charging the 12 volt battery now. I charged the 12 volt battery. The ready light is flashing and the fuel and battery lights are red. It appears like every light in the cluster is on. The car appears like it will run but the PNDR will not illuminate. I am a transmission tech it’s what I do for a living. This has me blasted. I have a snap on scan tool I will bring home tomorrow and see what I can get out of it. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you. It’s a 2012 signature edition number 4 of 100. Vin number YH4K10BA6CA000004.

Last edited by LeeBaxter12!; 06-09-2019 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Add more information.
LeeBaxter12! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage

Lee: Thanks for the info on FK Signature Edition #4 . This car was originally owned by Al Gore, former VP of USA. On 8/18/18 it was listed for sale by CDJR dealership of Columbia Tenn (Angela Usher). Did you purchase it from them?
I own FK SE Car #13 , and I am doing research on the history of all 100 Signature Edition Cars.
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote