BMV Revero - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I don't know Aaron, I think I'm with Karma31 on this one: we only have ONE tesla and one 2012, but driving up coast this past weekend in the Model 3 and stopping at a supercharger was not bad at all (amazed it can add 150 miles of range in like 20-30 minutes). I'd happily trade that inconvenience for all the complexities and maintenance of an ICE, and the noise it makes when it kicks in (which is thankfully exceedingly rare for me - I just filled the tank up this month for the first time since mid-last year, and I need to force myself to use ICE more often to move that gas through the system, but I just hate the ICE so much).
I hear you on the ICE, but something interesting happened this year with my MY2012, I added the TOM two years ago, but never had a changes to drive on the ICE but last week I did and in EV I sustained 39 miles on my battery and hardly any engine noise -- I was amazed. When I slowed below 55 in city traffic , put the car back in Stealth and drove until I got back to 55 and again no noise and watch the millage go back up to 39 -- The TOM makes all the difference for me and engine noise.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
I hear you on the ICE, but something interesting happened this year with my MY2012, I added the TOM two years ago, but never had a changes to drive on the ICE but last week I did and in EV I sustained 39 miles on my battery and hardly any engine noise -- I was amazed. When I slowed below 55 in city traffic , put the car back in Stealth and drove until I got back to 55 and again no noise and watch the millage go back up to 39 -- The TOM makes all the difference for me and engine noise.
Yea Karma copied our strategy and implemented it in the Revero 2.0. From the top gear article

Quote:
Karma has worked on the refinement of the generator and electric drivetrain setup too. Our on-board generator never starts until the vehicle gets to 25mph. So its a pure EV as it launches, Kruse says, so you barely notice the generator when it kicks in. Its a super torque-y launch.

We blend the ICE when you are moving so it reduces the on/off vibration and noise.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Quote:
Yea Karma copied our strategy and implemented it in the Revero 2.0. From the top gear article

Quote:
Karma has worked on the refinement of the generator and electric drivetrain setup too. “Our on-board generator never starts until the vehicle gets to 25mph. So it’s a pure EV as it launches,” Kruse says, “so you barely notice the generator when it kicks in. It’s a super torque-y launch.”

We blend the ICE when you are moving so it reduces the on/off vibration and noise.
haha, maybe. cause there is one tech guy explain me on the show saying that it is much more smooth than before. it is a big change than gen 1 revero. but I asked him if he know ya guys, which surprised me he does not. he was working in old fisker as well. but good news is with new chinese leader group, the way karma treat old fisker owners will definately change. we will see😀
ewein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2019, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

well. at least I think new seat looks feels better, and lots of interior upgrade for functionality. and body parts are more well done than before. however the powertrain is a bit out of date for sure in 2019. but they said they did lots ecu tuned. and add launch control. so it can hits 60 in under 4 sec. do not know yet till production car release
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190417_152851_1555588460018.jpg (155.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190417_152336_1555588490885.jpg (132.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190417_152859_1555588744647.jpg (147.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewein View Post
haha, maybe. cause there is one tech guy explain me on the show saying that it is much more smooth than before. it is a big change than gen 1 revero. but I asked him if he know ya guys, which surprised me he does not. he was working in old fisker as well. but good news is with new chinese leader group, the way karma treat old fisker owners will definately change. we will see😀
What was the guys name?
Old 04-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
Check out the article from Top Gear - provides some interesting specifics about the new Revero (80 mile range, for example). Didn't know that the BMW engine was specifically from the i8 and apprently KA sold 500 of the old Reveros...
oops, forgot link:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...esigned-gt-car

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Good will on their part would be to release the old MY2012 software so third parties could improve the infotainment, if they don't do that, then nothing changed. I would be surprised if KARMA automotive would do anything beyond the bankruptcy requirements, at this point, Fiskerphilly, powersource, HArlyguy and Alex pop are the best hope near term, and possibly henrick when he starts making some money will try to support the old FY2012 , it still has his name on my KARMA ;-)
Old 04-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

So True
carnutdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Good will on their part would be to release the old MY2012 software so third parties could improve the infotainment, if they don't do that, then nothing changed. I would be surprised if KARMA automotive would do anything beyond the bankruptcy requirements, at this point, Fiskerphilly, powersource, HArlyguy and Alex pop are the best hope near term, and possibly henrick when he starts making some money will try to support the old FY2012 , it still has his name on my KARMA ;-)
They also cracked down on selling Revero CIU/TPI's that were being retrofit into 2012 cars. Simply selling parts to customers would help out a lot of owners.

They want to compete with Bentley, Porsche and Maserati.. all three marques will sell these parts to customers. Karma won't

Quote:

I just saw your pictures, the only person that was there pre-karma in the pics was Paul Houghton (bald guy with british accent). If that is the guy you are referring to he knows us.

Last edited by PowerSource; 04-18-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Quote:
What was the guys name?
his name is virgil. do ya know this guy