Fisker karma emergency problem car wont turn on popping still happening - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Fisker karma emergency problem car wont turn on popping still happening

I recently made a post about my karma doing a ticking/popping/clicking type of noise, the problem went away but came back a few days later and hasnt stopped and now the issue is getting major.

The car has been having the issue for about a week, no check engine lights or faulty codes, driving just fine, my car was flashing and warning me just to get the windshield wiper fluid replaced all week which led me to think that maybe this wasn't a real issue, maybe its common for karmas to do this.

Now today I go to start the car, car will not turn on. not go grey or green light will light up and the popping sound is still happening, car isnt even on, its been doing this for about an hour non stop and now its faster and blowing cool air through the vents and the vents outside where the hood is. I can turn the headlights and when I do car will show me battery range, gas and the travel meter is a856 and then the car will shut off a minute later, horn also works, no car lights inside will turn on either, buttons or screen does not work

I dont know whats going on or how the car could be doing this while the car is off but this is my daily driver, I recorded a video but do not know how to post it. I really need an answer for someone as soon as possible thanks for your time
Whatsafisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Update car is on now, battery was dead in key, second key worked, popping is still happening and it gets more rapid as car runs longer, is this a major issue? anyone have this same issue?
Old 03-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsafisker View Post
Update car is on now, battery was dead in key, second key worked, popping is still happening and it gets more rapid as car runs longer, is this a major issue? anyone have this same issue?
You need to find a way to post a video itís not hard to do harder to explain how to do it . Look at the options on the header above where you type you will see a paper clip if you click that it opens another page where you can do an attachment.
As far as the popping sound it might be caused by the CIU getting wet and staying on .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

post it on youtube and then link it in your response.

Guess with very limited info.... is that the ciu got wet and is causing it. Try pulling the subwoofer speaker and see if stops. Cable is accessible from the trunk
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Old 03-18-2019, 02:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

thank you for getting back to me, when the problem began the second time my phone slid on the glass and pressed one of the buttons on the ciu rapidlyfor a couple seconds and popping began again and hasnt gone away since, It gets louder and times and quieter others and does come on while the engine fully isnt on. again no warning lights on. thanks for the help
Old 03-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
thank you for getting back to me, when the problem began the second time my phone slid on the glass and pressed one of the buttons on the ciu rapidlyfor a couple seconds and popping began again and hasnt gone away since, It gets louder and times and quieter others and does come on while the engine fully isnt on. again no warning lights on. thanks for the help
Does the car run can you drive it ??
Old 03-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Does the car run can you drive it ??
Car runs perfectly fine, besides the noise. no warning lights, codes or anything out of the normal. Is this the ciu?
Old 03-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Car runs perfectly fine, besides the noise. no warning lights, codes or anything out of the normal. Is this the ciu?
From your video itís very hard to figure out whatís the noise . Does the noise stop at all ?
If the noise is constantly Iím leaning towards the CIU does the radio work ? If the noise happens when you first open the door and lasts a minute or so itís the hvac unit the part of the hvac that determines which vent the air comes out of has broken but that noise generally is a clicking noise .
You might have to remove the CIU to positively locate the problem . The CIU is located behind the glove box .
Old 03-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Radio does work, it happens from the moment car turns on to a few seconds after the car turns off. can I send a better video? Any request you have? Thanks for your time I really appreciate it