Anyone familiar with this car on ebay? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default Anyone familiar with this car on ebay?

Hi all,

New to the board. Bitten by the Fisker bug big-time.

Question: Does anyone know the history of this car on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Fisker...-/254115249032

I purchased a 2006 Mercedes CLS 500 from the same seller about 6 years ago, and he is a straight shooter (eg. he paid for an expensive airmatic shock that went bad a week after my purchase)

Ideas and comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John in Colorado Springs
JohnTaylorCOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTaylorCOS View Post
Hi all,

New to the board. Bitten by the Fisker bug big-time.

Question: Does anyone know the history of this car on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Fisker...-/254115249032

I purchased a 2006 Mercedes CLS 500 from the same seller about 6 years ago, and he is a straight shooter (eg. he paid for an expensive airmatic shock that went bad a week after my purchase)

Ideas and comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John in Colorado Springs

That is user @JCMorrill 's car he has had previous issues (battery and coolant pump ) with it not sure if fixed. Better to message him and find out if there is anything wrong or why he traded it in. He was pretty active a few years ago.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

He actually just traded his Fisker in a few months ago for an iPace. I know he stayed in top of any issues. I actually drove his car at an EV car show during drive electric week.
I believe the car was recently acquired by the owner of Cascio Motors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6AF4F483-25FD-4DB6-9252-4D8BCDF3B509_1549939580262.jpg (35.0 KB, 22 views)
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2019, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Hi. The car was mine. I miss it, dearly. And, it was 100% when I traded it.

My local service provider went under, and I actually drove my Fisker regularly so I needed it working. Taking it to CA (which I had done twice) for repair was just getting to be too much. I was given an opportunity get an I-Pace months ahead of being able to order one, so I jumped and traded my Karma. If I had the garage space, I would have kept it. It was in perfect condition when I traded it. In the last year it got a brand new battery (under warranty), and the suspension bushings done, and water pumps replaced, Differential seals replaced, Contactor #5 (I believe) replaced. Also, I had the waterproofing for the CIU redone. And other things, I'm sure. I left my full service history with the dealer. Ask for it. It was tip-top. There's not a scratch or a nick on it and all front surfaces & doors have clear bra. The only thing that doesn't look brand new is a small wear mark in the leather of the driver's seat bolster that apparently I rubbed as I got in. It's lived in AZ all it's life, always garaged, and almost never seen rain, let alone snow/ice/salt. I took it to car shows regularly, and it was always one of the biggest draws. If you're gonna take good care of it and keep it like new, go buy it. Frankly, you'd be very hard pressed to find one in better shape. I loved it for years. Best of luck to you! And, read through these postings thoroughly. There's a ton of good info here for you.

(Thanks for ref'ing me @PowerSource - I got the email about this post that I otherwise would not have seen.)
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
If you're gonna take good care of it and keep it like new, go buy it.
Wow, such a nice summary, you made me want to go buy it. (For a minute).
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Wow, such a nice summary, you made me want to go buy it. (For a minute).
from the pics it looks immaculate, especially for a car that has close to 50k on it.

If OP is really interested in it may be worthwhile to get a scantool to the car dealer and get a read out of all the vitals. Joe or Adam may be able to ship it to the selling dealer and do a scan of all the subsystems to make sure everything is on the up and up. Cheap insurance prior to purchasing it.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Fair price, scoop it up!
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi @JCMorrill (John),

Thanks for all the info. I talked to Joey (the dealer) today. He also seems to know a lot about these cars, and he said Cory works on them for him.

Q: Did you have a Power-Source TOM installed? If not, should I have Cory do it while it is in Arizona?

Thanks

John T
JohnTaylorCOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

I remember when JC insisted he "would never sell"
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post

My local service provider went under, and I actually drove my Fisker regularly so I needed it working. Taking it to CA (which I had done twice) for repair was just getting to be too much. I was given an opportunity get an I-Pace months ahead of being able to order one, so I jumped and traded my Karma. If I had the garage space, I would have kept it. It was in perfect condition when I traded it. In the last year it got a brand new battery (under warranty), and the suspension bushings done, and water pumps replaced, Differential seals replaced, Contactor #5 (I believe) replaced. Also, I had the waterproofing for the CIU redone. And other things, I'm sure. I left my full service history with the dealer. Ask for it. It was tip-top. There's not a scratch or a nick on it and all front surfaces & doors have clear bra. The only thing that doesn't look brand new is a small wear mark in the leather of the driver's seat bolster that apparently I rubbed as I got in. It's lived in AZ all it's life, always garaged, and almost never seen rain, let alone snow/ice/salt. I took it to car shows regularly, and it was always one of the biggest draws. If you're gonna take good care of it and keep it like new, go buy it. Frankly, you'd be very hard pressed to find one in better shape. I loved it for years. Best of luck to you! And, read through these postings thoroughly. There's a ton of good info here for you.

(Thanks for ref'ing me @PowerSource - I got the email about this post that I otherwise would not have seen.)
I am wondering why the water pumps were replaced and which pumps in particular? Was this done because they were defect or because of precaution to prevent harm?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote