Wallbox - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: South of France
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Question Wallbox

Hello,
I am looking for a wallbox to reload the fisker.
Do you think this model is compatible without risk for the car:

https://andersen-ev.com/andersen-a2/

I have a 16A plug in France, they have a type 1 connector so no worries of connection but they speak of charging "mode 3": is it compatible with the fisker?

I think it is no longer possible to find the wall charger Fisker EV Charge Station.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southern Sweden
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Hello,
I am looking for a wallbox to reload the fisker.
Do you think this model is compatible without risk for the car:

https://andersen-ev.com/andersen-a2/

I have a 16A plug in France, they have a type 1 connector so no worries of connection but they speak of charging "mode 3": is it compatible with the fisker?

I think it is no longer possible to find the wall charger Fisker EV Charge Station.

Thank you in advance for your advice.


Nice design, but order the type 2 charger NOT type 1.
Your Fisker Karma is design to work with any SAE-J1772 compliant charger.
The charge regulator is actually in the car itself and the regulator “talks” to the charger box/station and gives instruction on how to deliver the flow of electric charge.

Mode 3 = SAE-J1772 (Fisker Karma).
Type 2 = Plug specification (Fisker Karma).

Season’s Greetings from Sweden!
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: South of France
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Default

Thank you for this precise answer in the charging mode.

By cons, for the connector, are you sure of the type?
Here, they all talk about type 1 for the connector (for a 2012 karma)

https://evcables.co.uk/index.php/by-...ing-cable.html

https://www.evbox.us/electric-cars/fisker/fisker-karma

Season’s Greetings from France
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Default

A bit off topic, but have either of you considered swapping out the j1772 to a mennekes type charge receptacle?


would allow you to charge without having to use an adapter.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: South of France
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Default

I do not understand your question
I just want the right connector to plug in the car :confus:
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southern Sweden
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
I do not understand your question
I just want the right connector to plug in the car :confus:

Take a look at your cars charge port/connector and compare it to the cables from the manufacture of the charging station. But at the same time, it could be a good idea to upgrade your cars charge port/connector as described by PowerSource (he is very knowledgeable) before you order your charging station so that you don’t end up with an old connector on your new charging station, if you later on decide to upgrade your car. Especially then the cable seems to be in cooperated to the wall charger and you might need an new cable or adapter later on.

But that said… take a look at the connector on your car, you probably need a Type 1 EV Connector.
(And in that case you also need a Type 1 to Type 2 adaptor/cable if you decide to use public type 2 chargers).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Type 1.jpg (7.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg type1-type2-port_8_1_2.jpg (44.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by SirCastic; 12-27-2018 at 09:30 AM.
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast
 
jomak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Atlanta
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Garage
Default

I have a Bosch 32amp 1772 wall charger 220V. Get any 220V charger with at least 18Amps and is 1772. That's it!
__________________
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: South of France
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Default

good idea, I did not know that we could change the connector of the car.
I do not have a fisker dealer near me, which professional could do this replacement?
A Bmw agent can be, with a conneter of the I8 in type 2 perhaps ?
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
I am looking for a wallbox to "charge" the fisker
The fisker is compatable with any "J1772" cable; and although your car can only draw 16Amps, I would get as many amps as possible (at least 32) in case you get another plug-in in the future.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCastic View Post
Take a look at your cars charge port/connector and compare it to the cables from the manufacture of the charging station. But at the same time, it could be a good idea to upgrade your cars charge port/connector as described by PowerSource (he is very knowledgeable) before you order your charging station so that you don’t end up with an old connector on your new charging station, if you later on decide to upgrade your car. Especially then the cable seems to be in cooperated to the wall charger and you might need an new cable or adapter later on.

But that said… take a look at the connector on your car, you probably need a Type 1 EV Connector.
(And in that case you also need a Type 1 to Type 2 adaptor/cable if you decide to use public type 2 chargers).
In Europe the normal household plug is 220-230 Volt, so I don't think one needs the wall Fisker EV Charge Station. I use a fairly common Ratio type 1 mobile charger for home charging. I can put it on 6A, 10A and 16A.
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.