engine and dashboard are not turning on .. . - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default engine and dashboard are not turning on .. .

greetings everyone ... i have a issue with my fisker ... it was in showroom and after one year .. the dashboard dont work. and the car won't run .... when i press the start button the front lights work and a pump "i think the power steering pump " and nothing else .

i changed the car battery and the key battery

the car unlock and lock but there's no start up and nothing works on the dash or the instrument cluster .... please help

if u want me to post a video ill post it later

sorry for my bad English ... thanks
aliallowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliallowz View Post
greetings everyone ... i have a issue with my fisker ... it was in showroom and after one year .. the dashboard dont work. and the car won't run .... when i press the start button the front lights work and a pump "i think the power steering pump " and nothing else .

the car unlock and lock but there's no start up and nothing works on the dash or the instrument cluster .... please help

What do you mean by “car battery?” Did you replace the 12V battery? I that is correct and the car does not start up, your Karma may have lost the “Wake Up” signal and needs to be re-programmed. See this thread: https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13...sker-down.html

Since you cannot get your car to a repair station, it may be possible to ship you a computer to allow the reprogramming to be done remotely. I suggest you contact @Harleyguy and @FiskerPhilly for this service.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i send a message for them ... waiting for the reply .... i changed the 12V battery same issue but as the thread that you mentioned ... i need yo contact them ... thank u for your response my friend 👍
aliallowz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

If the 12V battery is good and the dash does not light up when the door is opened, than the body module needs to be reprogramed. If the car sits with no 12V battery voltage the body module looses memory and needs to be programed to be reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliallowz View Post

alexpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpop View Post
If the 12V battery is good and the dash does not light up when the door is opened, than the body module needs to be reprogramed. If the car sits with no 12V battery voltage the body module looses memory and needs to be programed to be reset.
Body module doesn't lose memory with no 12v, the issue is when it partially boots up as that corrupts the VCM firmware and then loses the wakeup signal.

Have several Karma's with the 12v disconnected and no wakeup signal issues with VCM. The issue is when the VCM partially boots up which corrupts the wup signal. That is why it is important to connect a jumper to the 12v system if starting up the vehicle after a long time. If it partially boots that is the issue.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)

The car is in Dubai have no interest in sending my laptop there . I think this is the same guy who’s changed his screen name three times same problem same place
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
The car is in Dubai have no interest in sending my laptop there . I think this is the same guy who’s changed his screen name three times same problem same place
More than the laptop, losing the WDI would be worse. They are almost unobtainable nowadays
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I read this blog and I believe I have the same problem.
However, my car is in my garage at my house in Terre Haute, IN. The closest dealer is in Chicago, IL. After 2 weeks of trying, no truck will come pick it up. i did find a carrier that for $1000 would try to come pick it up to take to Chicago. Any chance someone has some way (laptop?) to help me reprogram the ?body control module? so that the car will wake up ? Briefly, the car powers on, I hear the tron noise, a pump noise, but PRND lights do not come on, instrument cluster does not come on. This happened after car sat for a few weeks then when repowered with a jump pack it kept dying because the jump pack was weak as well from sitting. So I believe the partial boot up may have happened.
nalluri is offline   Reply With Quote