Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Tire with very slow leak, rear drivers side (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/40339-tire-very-slow-leak-rear-drivers-side.html)

buzinvest 10-16-2018 01:48 AM

I will be replacing them, especially since I will be driving back and forth from Ohio to Florida, and I don't want to have to worry about the tires.

I will not be driving it in the winter. I have three other cars that I can drive in the winter.

Any suggestions on what tires I should buy as replacements?

buzinvest 10-16-2018 11:28 PM

i meant to say that only 2,450 miles were put on the car by the first owner, and that it must of sat idle a lot in its first five years. I acquired it in late Oct. 2017, and now I have about 6,150 miles on it. The inside of the tires have a lot of small cracks all over the place, which two garages have diagnosed as potential 'dry rot".
Since I will be driving the car this fall from Ohio to Florida; and next spring from Florida to Ohio, I am going to replace all four tires now. I am going to replace them with Yokohama Parada's, I will purchase the same size as the original Goodyears.. Any comments/thoughts?

Sigurd 10-17-2018 09:07 AM

Totally agree with you. Tires have an expiration. After a couple of summers here in Texas, the rubber becomes hard and you lose grip. Tires are consumables and should be used. After a couple of sets of the original Goodyears, I last put on the Yokohama's myself and wouldn't go back. Great choice. You'll be happy.

EasyEd 10-17-2018 11:48 AM

I'll be replacing mine soon as well, or at least the front two to start. They still have good tread, but the dealer/owner that I bought the car from let it sit for an unspecified amount of time, so there are flat spots on the tires that cause a vibration in the steering wheel. I tried slightly overinflating the tires and I've been driving the car on the hot Arizona roads to see if it would help, but no luck.

non sequitur 10-17-2018 12:54 PM

I had this problem when I had the Michelins and it was very frustrating.
Switched to the Yokohamas and never had a problem again - far superior to the Michelins in many ways (not to mention they last 3 times longer so far).

ufojoe 10-18-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 323305)
I had this problem when I had the Michelins and it was very frustrating.
Switched to the Yokohamas and never had a problem again - far superior to the Michelins in many ways (not to mention they last 3 times longer so far).

Ditto