Issues Filling Gas Tank - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Default Issues Filling Gas Tank

Since I got my car back after having the RDM reworked I've had to put gas in my car twice (I will need to out gas in today as well). It takes forever each time because I'm only able to put 0.2-0.3 gallon in before it stops. I squeeze the handle, a little bit of gas goes in, and then it stops/clicks off. Repeat and absurd number of times and I can eventually fill my tank.


Any ideas what can be causing this? The first time I could hear what sounded like a vacuum/flow of air before I filled my tank. this was like and extended, slow sound of air being released. I tried to do some research and read something about how the tanks pressurize/pressure test when the engine is off. I'll see if I still hear this today.


Also, don't most gas tanks have a metal spring-loaded flap where you out the gas nozzle in? Mine doesn't have this.


Thanks,
Ed
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,044
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
Since I got my car back after having the RDM reworked I've had to put gas in my car twice (I will need to out gas in today as well). It takes forever each time because I'm only able to put 0.2-0.3 gallon in before it stops. I squeeze the handle, a little bit of gas goes in, and then it stops/clicks off. Repeat and absurd number of times and I can eventually fill my tank.


Any ideas what can be causing this? The first time I could hear what sounded like a vacuum/flow of air before I filled my tank. this was like and extended, slow sound of air being released. I tried to do some research and read something about how the tanks pressurize/pressure test when the engine is off. I'll see if I still hear this today.


Also, don't most gas tanks have a metal spring-loaded flap where you out the gas nozzle in? Mine doesn't have this.


Thanks,
Ed
Who replaced the RDM
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Who replaced the RDM


Corey Hom, Vault Motorsports Group. He was a Fisker tech when the local Penske owned a dealership, and then afterward the shop he owns was a CSP. He got the reworked RDM from Alex.
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,044
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
Corey Hom, Vault Motorsports Group. He was a Fisker tech when the local Penske owned a dealership, and then afterward the shop he owns was a CSP. He got the reworked RDM from Alex.
Need to get the car up in the air and check for a twisted gas tank vent hose or a bend in the fill line. The gas tank sits on top of the RDM it has to be removed in order to get to the RDM. They should be able to gain access to at least inspect by removing the inverter cover in the trunk .
As you mentioned you didnít have this problem until they removed the RDM . As far as the flap in the tank fill pipe I donít remember one being there .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Need to get the car up in the air and check for a twisted gas tank vent hose or a bend in the fill line. The gas tank sits on top of the RDM it has to be removed in order to get to the RDM. They should be able to gain access to at least inspect by removing the inverter cover in the trunk .
As you mentioned you didnít have this problem until they removed the RDM . As far as the flap in the tank fill pipe I donít remember one being there .
Thank you, Adam!
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Fill up issues

I am having a hard time filling up the Fisker at the gas pump, Also its not registering the fuel on my dash? any one else have/had this problem?

Also my AC just stopped working? ODD??
tom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Fabulist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 4,659
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1 View Post
I am having a hard time filling up the Fisker at the gas pump, Also its not registering the fuel on my dash? any one else have/had this problem?

Also my AC just stopped working? ODD??
@tom1, the first question in your post appeared to be related to the discussion in this existing thread, and I moved your post here to keep it in context. This is a good starting point to start researching the issue.

Regarding the A/C issue, your post does not provide enough detail to even guess what the problem may be. You may want to read this thread, and ask follow up questions with more details.

Good luck and happy hunting.
__________________
-- Fab.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Default

My AC stopped working a year after I purchased my car in 2014. $3,600 to replace. OUCH!!!
Wdavidkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,044
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdavidkl View Post
My AC stopped working a year after I purchased my car in 2014. $3,600 to replace. OUCH!!!
Who replaced it what shop
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FiskerPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Default

The fuel fill issue is often related to the fuel door release. When you press the fuel door release button it unlocks the door then it opens the vent valve to open the tank vent to atmosphere to allow the tank to fill and vent as it fills. If the vent valve doesnt open or the vent is blocked the pump will keep clicking off. @EasyEd since your issue is related to rdm replacement I would say the vent valve is not plugged back in or as @Harleyguy said a kinked vent. @tom1 I would make sure the fuel door release system is working properly. Make sure the door closes and locks also it depresses the little microswitch to signal the doornis closed. Then when you press the release button it chould click then the gas cap light should come on the dash. If this isnt all working properly the vent valve wont open. Also, this is what signals the DIS to resample the fuel level. So the fuel level wont register if the fuel door release system isnt functioning.
Many customers have had inoperable release solenoids or have had to break open their fuel door. When they do this they have the same 2 symptoms no fuel gauge registering and cant fill. This is because they are not pressing the fuel door release button since the door is broken.
__________________
EVolution Autosports
EV & Hybrid Performance
Fisker Specialists
[email protected]
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Latest Must-Have Feature for EVs: A Fish Tank Fabulist The Car Lounge 2 01-17-2015 08:57 PM
ICE activity and full gas tank VancouverKarma Fisker Karma 10 10-11-2014 10:24 AM
My Personal Best One-Tank Range To Date Fabulist The Fisker Lounge 5 07-25-2013 02:29 PM
My Personal Best One-Tank Range Fabulist Fisker Karma 8 05-31-2013 02:44 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.