Issues Filling Gas Tank - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

[QUOTE=FiskerPhilly;323121]The fuel fill issue is often related to the fuel door release. When you press the fuel door release button it unlocks the door then it opens the vent valve to open the tank vent to atmosphere to allow the tank to fill and vent as it fills. If the vent valve doesnt open or the vent is blocked the pump will keep clicking off. @EasyEd since your issue is related to rdm replacement I would say the vent valve is not plugged back in or as @Harleyguy said a kinked vent. QUOTE]

Thanks for the follow-up. Unfortunately, the local Fisker tech in the Phoenix, area MAY be going out of business, so I haven't been able to get it looked at (along with other issues that the tech is supposed to resolve). At some point I may have to take a drive to CA and see Alex.

Is this something that I could somehow check myself? I knw that @Harleyguy mentioned removing part of the trunk liner...
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

im having this issue as well although i havent had anything replaced the piece that releases the fuel door some how broke and fell into the car lol i dont hear any rattling so its not moving and has not fell out from under the car
Sincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincere View Post
im having this issue as well although i havent had anything replaced the piece that releases the fuel door some how broke and fell into the car lol i dont hear any rattling so its not moving and has not fell out from under the car
The lock fall into the inner part of the quarter panel. If you open the trunk and pull back the carpet liner you will see a vent push the vent in then you can reach the lock mechanism. It needs to be put back in place and glued into position
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote