Signature Edition - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default Signature Edition

I got to work around a Signature Edition with one of the dealers. Looks like they still have some electrical glitches as the exterior lights, i.e. turn signals and headlights were giving us some problems, but the car did recognize the problems. I am hoping it is just some lose wires from transport or corrosion from sitting around a while or something. Other than that, fit and finish looked real nice. The engraving of the signature edition info is on the transparent window looking into the battery just below the Fisker Command Center. It has Henrik's signature, then says Fisker Karma Signature Edition, the VIN then x/100 where x is the number of the series. I am being told I will have mine by the end of November. Also, someone from Fisker called me today to ask if I has any questions, concerns, etc. and gave me a toll-free number to call. It was my Voicemail so I didn't pay too much attention to the details.I am guessing the bad publicity is worrying them.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Default RE: Signature Edition

The turn signals and headlights weren't working on the Signature car? Oh boy....

-Brian
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Correction. On A Signature car.
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is going to be a cluster xxxx. I just know it. I hope we are all prepared to beta test a $100,00 piece of technology. That's what we're signing up for.

adam
Thebreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalah70
I got to work around a Signature Edition with one of the dealers. Looks like they still have some electrical glitches as the exterior lights, i.e. turn signals and headlights were giving us some problems, but the car did recognize the problems. I am hoping it is just some lose wires from transport or corrosion from sitting around a while or something. Other than that, fit and finish looked real nice. The engraving of the signature edition info is on the transparent window looking into the battery just below the Fisker Command Center. It has Henrik's signature, then says Fisker Karma Signature Edition, the VIN then x/100 where x is the number of the series. I am being told I will have mine by the end of November. Also, someone from Fisker called me today to ask if I has any questions, concerns, etc. and gave me a toll-free number to call. It was my Voicemail so I didn't pay too much attention to the details.I am guessing the bad publicity is worrying them.
Did they raise the price on the Signature cars like the regular production versions? What's the list on the Signature Editions now?

Billy O
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyO
Quote:
Did they raise the price on the Signature cars like the regular production versions? What's the list on the Signature Editions now?

Billy O
No, the Signature edition vehicles stayed at $100K (not sure if that is pre or post tax, though). This is first-hand info, I am on the list for a Signature Edition Karma.
siliconkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

I stopped by and the car was gone out for delivery to its owner but I was told the lights were working. I think it was a software glitch, perhaps the same one where one must wait after unplugging the car before trying to boot it up. We were going through the owner's manual on a iPad. One thing that did not work for sure was that the trunk is supposed to pop back open if it detects the key fob shut inside it. We had two key fobs and shut one in there with the rest of the car all locked up. Nothing. So, this would have been a nice feature as I have locked my keys in the trunk before. The car has several proximity sensors for detecting the fob. pressing a button on the back of the fob relseases the emergency key which only unlocks the passenger side door. It will not lock it back. We opened the emergency door release panel but were not brave enough to pull the cord.
The Signature Edition is still only $100k with title, tags, taxes, etc, my dealer said about $105,500 roughly. As for the paint job, Silver Mirage is a few shades lighter than Silver Wind. Although the Mojave interior is Tri-Tone, the third color that only runs down the center console is barely different than the other light color. The Command Center seemed a bit slow, so that in conjunction with the glitches really makes me wonder if this baby has had the software upgrade.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
I stopped by and the car was gone out for delivery to its owner .
Is this car in Pennsylvania? I didn't realize they had shipped any Signature Edition cars to the U.S.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

It was Al Gore's car that I got to see, here in Huntsville, AL.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I just hope we get free software patches. Is it going to be like Windows where an icon on the dashboard says that we have an automatic download that is going to happen in 5 minutes? Then the car stops alongside the freeway? I'm still totally sold on this car. Its a game changer.
Deep Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote