National Drive Electric Week - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
Irony of ironies. I'm signed up for the Phoenix/Scottsdale event this weekend. I'm the only Fisker Karma. Been doing it for 4 years. And, last week I got a contactor fault and I cannot charge my battery. And, I won't be able to get it fixed for a couple weeks.

I can drive on gas. And, since I live on a mountain, every time I leave my house I get 2-3 miles added back to my battery via Regen, so I can keep my car at/around 27 miles charged ... But, I'll arriving to the National Drive Electric Week car show on gas! (I will probably shut it down a few miles away and pull up electric, but still ... ).

(wahhh wah)
Sorry, John, but you are no longer the only Fisker Karma signed up.

It will be good to finally meet you and talk with another owner. WARNING: I have a TON of questions!
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I just signed up to attend to an event in San Francisco next Wednesday Sept. 12. At the moment, mine is the only Fisker Karma that is registered for this event. Any other Karma peeps who can join?

Well, this event was a total bust. The local news channel reporter who showed up was stuck reporting on the Easter Egg in the sole Model X that showed up.

I am hoping the Sunday event will be better attended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2607A1B8-D422-4FA8-A160-7079ACE64787.jpg (301.2 KB, 12 views)

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

@EasyEd - Terrific! Looking forward to it. Hope that the "alternate location" (which is a church, vs. the usual location of a large McDonald's in a shopping center lot where monthly Car Shows are also held) doesn't turn out to be a bust. Normally, it's a good event! It's so much fun to be the "good looker" in a sea of nerd cars.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

So Atlanta is having two events this year, the one last week at Avalon and the one this coming Saturday at Atlantic Station. I've been requested to show my Karma at the AS event and signed up. Looks like there be at least two Karma's there, plus a Revero from the local Karma dealer is expected. I'm hoping to see the Jaguar iPace prototype again - it made an appearance last weekend and I was very impressed.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
@EasyEd - Terrific! Looking forward to it. Hope that the "alternate location" (which is a church, vs. the usual location of a large McDonald's in a shopping center lot where monthly Car Shows are also held) doesn't turn out to be a bust. Normally, it's a good event! It's so much fun to be the "good looker" in a sea of nerd cars.
Agreed - it should be fun!

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind the layout, but it looks like the Fiskers (three of us now) will be at the "back of the bus."

Currently 82 total vehicles, with the majority being 17 x Model 3s and 12 Model Ss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NDEW Car Show.jpg (213.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
Agreed - it should be fun!

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind the layout, but it looks like the Fiskers (three of us now) will be at the "back of the bus."

Currently 82 total vehicles, with the majority being 17 x Model 3s and 12 Model Ss.
“Fiskars”? Someone displaying gardening shears?

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Yeah, first they placed us on the "Rodney Dangerfield" row. Next, one of the organizers doesn't even know enough about the cars to spell the name right. The person that sent the email must be one of those "nerd car" owners that @JCMorrill referred to.

(No offense intended for anyone that owns such a car )
Old 09-14-2018, 10:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

I'm a nerd, so definitely not wanting to offend anyone ... except maybe the designers of the Prius & the Leaf & the Clarity. I definitely want the world to figure out this electric thing is the way to go!

Waiting patiently for Jag to start making I-Paces, so there will be a 2nd good looking electric car (though still not in the class of the Fisker). The Model S is reasonably good looking, but I can show you 3 other cars that you might mistake for it at a quick glance. And, there will be 20 of those.

3 Karmas at this show will be novel! I'm hoping that the "rows" run perpendicular to the street, rather than parallel.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage

Attended my first National Drive Electric Week event (in Akron, Ohio at the Cascade Lofts, 21 W. North Street, next to the Lock 15 Brewing Company).
About 40 cars were there.
First time I have been up close to Tesla Models 3, S & X. Also first time I have been up close to electric/hybrid cars from 13 different car companies. It was a very good show and very fun and educational. I was the only Fisker Karma there. Thx for the heads up from this forum to attend.
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:43 AM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage

I posted a lot of pictures from the event on Instagram.
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote