Possible retrofit software update from Revero to Fisker - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Possible retrofit software update from Revero to Fisker

Hello there,

My name is Pedro V. and I'm from Spain. I recently purchased a 2011 Fisker Karma and I couldn´t help but notice that both the Revero and the Fisker are essentially the same car. Now, I was wondering if it would be feasible to implement the Revero's latest software upgrade into the Fisker and if possible how. I know there are some under components that have changed but since the Fisker is full of bugs, maybe it is a good solution to depurate the car in as much as possible.

Many thanks in advance.
pveoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pveoro View Post
Hello there,

My name is Pedro V. and I'm from Spain. I recently purchased a 2011 Fisker Karma and I couldn´t help but notice that both the Revero and the Fisker are essentially the same car. Now, I was wondering if it would be feasible to implement the Revero's latest software upgrade into the Fisker and if possible how. I know there are some under components that have changed but since the Fisker is full of bugs, maybe it is a good solution to depurate the car in as much as possible.

Many thanks in advance.
Need someone who works on the Revero to chime in but to be honest I don’t think they are running any different software other then the parts they had to make for the Revero
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pveoro View Post
Hello there,

Many thanks in advance.
This is more in @PowerSource area of expertise, but as far as I know, there is no one “Software” for the entire car. Each module has its own software, and there are differences. For example, the Revero has a more advanced on-board charging system which most likely has different software as the Karma. Another example is the Central Infotainment Unit (Audio, Nav, A/C, Energy Management, Diagnostics, etc.) uses different hardware and has completely different software. But modules that work the same (Hybrid Control Unit, for example) probably run the same software as the Karma.

Do you know which baseline version your car is running now? Is it 535, 520, 510, or an earlier version?

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2018, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Karma is not supportive in this endeavor but it is very possible to do what you are wanting to do. What specific feature is it you want, that is present in the Revero that is not present in your vehicle?

Most of the "improvements" on the Revero are hardware improvements. The HCU and ECM are the only software improvements but those updates are barely discernible to the driver.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I got a response from Karma itself saying there are some differences between the Fisker and the Revero, although it is possible to upgrade to an earlier version. Here is the original message:

While the 2012 and Revero may look a lot alike, there are significant changes under the skin.

The Revero can do things like accelerate more quickly and charge at DC Combo charging stations, but these are not changes that result from new software alone.

This is the case for the infotainment system as well. The wiring harness, sensor package and many other systems which integrate with the screen are specific to the Revero – so you couldn’t simply remove the 2012 screen and plug in a Revero’s to make an upgrade.

With that said, we have developed upgraded software packages for the 2012 vehicles and they are available for free at any authorized Karma service center.

Unfortunately, the nearest location to Spain is the Emil Frey service center in Switzerland. We realize this isn’t a convenient location but if you’d like to get in touch with them, we’ve included a link to their contact information below:

https://www.karmaautomotive.com/loca...enter-safenwil
pveoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What is this software update you talk about? My car sucks 😉