Crashed Fisker - Help needed - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Crashed Fisker - Help needed

Hi guys,

This spring I bought and imported a Fisker Karma from the Netherlands to Iceland. About a month ago I crashed it into a curb and a pole.. The front bumper, windshield and side mirror are more or less destroyed. (Bumper might be salvageable)

I did have to cut off a cooling system from underneath the vehicle, I need to know what it does and if I can drive the car on either the battery or engine without it. There were two coolers, close to the front wheels attached to seperate ends of this metal piece:
https://imgur.com/a/mvlQWw9
I assume this is battery cooling but of course won't drive it without some confirmation.

Besides that, if you have any resources or can point me in the right way to where I can actually buy spare parts it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Kristján. (Chris for short)
Icelandic_Fisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

Ouch! I'm sorry to see this happened to you. I'm just an owner, not an expert, but I wouldn't try to drive the vehicle if any of the coolant systems were inoperable.

You're probably in for a fairly expensive fix, I'm afraid. My recommendation to you would be to seriously consider having an expert fly to you to assist you in evaluating the vehicle rather than trying to fix it locally. The extra money you spend on their time and expenses would be well worth it in my opinion. Specifically I would recommend Adam (on this site as HarleyGuy) or Joe Ferrante (FiskerPhilly). Joe's website is https://evolutionautosports.com/

I do not know if either of them would be willing to do it (but I'm guessing they would be game) but if I were in your situation one of them would be my first call.

Good luck! Please keep us updated on how things work out.

Brent
Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

If this is any consolation to you, I recently did similar damage to my Fisker (I am an original owner and have had it for almost 6 years. Had significant front end damage, including some mechanical.
Had it repaired by my local body shop (High end and good quality reputation). Although they had it for over 2 months because of slow delivery of parts, everything came together fine in the end.

And the good news was it only cost $26,0000 to do the repair (LOL)
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote