Problem to move the car - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2018, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Problem to move the car

I have a problem Karma.
First: I have trouble with rear axle. So I`m waiting to deliver the car back to where i bought it..

Then the car has been standing in the garage and waiting for few months..

Second problem: I plan to move the car but flat 12v battery. So i try charging, but not helping. Change the battery. Lights come on and "Karma sound" come on. But the speedometer and screen is black. And car will not move.

Is there any way I can make it start or at least move it??
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
I have a problem Karma.
First: I have trouble with rear axle. So I`m waiting to deliver the car back to where i bought it..

Second problem: I plan to move the car but flat 12v battery. So i try charging, but not helping. Change the battery. Lights come on and "Karma sound" come on. But the speedometer and screen is black. And car will not move.

I had my 12v battery go dead while pointing headfirst into garage. Had no choice but replace battery. I believe I did a hard reset (pulled apart the ground plug) to get the system going after battery replacement. I now always back into garage.
If your bad axle will not allow you to move the car then you might need to buy wheel dollies. I have my dollies ready for emergencies and these might be required to get the car onto tow truck due to bottom clearances.
Stephenhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)

Quote:
I have a problem Karma.

You have two separate problems the first one is the blown RDM/Tractionís motors the other problem is you let the 12 volt battery go dead which in turn the VCM has lost its wakeup signal . Unfortunately you have no way to program the VCM. The car wonít go into neutral when this happens also . Where are you located ? I just fixed two cars in Canada for the issue feel free to send me a PM .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2018, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenhale View Post
I had my 12v battery go dead while pointing headfirst into garage. Had no choice but replace battery. I believe I did a hard reset (pulled apart the ground plug) to get the system going after battery replacement. I now always back into garage.
If your bad axle will not allow you to move the car then you might need to buy wheel dollies. I have my dollies ready for emergencies and these might be required to get the car onto tow truck due to bottom clearances.
Wheel dollies is already bought.. So I`m ready for that.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
You have two separate problems the first one is the blown RDM/Tractionís motors the other problem is you let the 12 volt battery go dead which in turn the VCM has lost its wakeup signal . Unfortunately you have no way to program the VCM. The car wonít go into neutral when this happens also . Where are you located ? I just fixed two cars in Canada for the issue feel free to send me a PM .
I`m located in Norway...
The nearest workshop how can take Karma is 600km from me..

I send you PM..
Old 09-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I went on vacation and came back to the same thing. A dead battery, I was able to boost the car but, Lights come on and "Karma sound" come on. But the speedometer and screen is black. And car will not move.

I did a hard reset, and still nothing. Does this mean I have to reprogram the VCM?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Quote:
I have a problem Karma.

You have two separate problems the first one is the blown RDM/Traction’s motors the other problem is you let the 12 volt battery go dead which in turn the VCM has lost its wakeup signal . Unfortunately you have no way to program the VCM. The car won’t go into neutral when this happens also . Where are you located ? I just fixed two cars in Canada for the issue feel free to send me a PM .
Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks View Post
I went on vacation and came back to the same thing. A dead battery, I was able to boost the car but, Lights come on and "Karma sound" come on. But the speedometer and screen is black. And car will not move.

I did a hard reset, and still nothing. Does this mean I have to reprogram the VCM?

Thanks in advance.
Yes the VCM lost its wakeup signal you wont be able to fix this yourself
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote