European Fisker Karma - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2018, 05:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hi Christoph try now to send me messages so let's see if it works. What do you mean by garage? Do you speak italian ?
dany65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany65 View Post
more or less I have the same problems. Can you choose the language? Hello
No, it is English or Spanish only. I called Kroymans (in The Netherlands) and the technician said it is a known issue. The CIU needs an update that takes 1.5 hours. For the technician it takes hands on 0.5 hour, so they charge € 50 excl. VAT, so that's a fair price in my opinion. Mine will be updated 15th of June.

Opt for a holiday to The Netherlands?

Best regards,

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Good morning Burt, only 50 € to upgrade? You're lucky, let me know how it went after you did it.

Best

Dany

Old 06-03-2018, 07:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Money wise you should find someone close to reflash the CIU to send my tool to Germany they wanted $200.00 for shipping that’s using Fedex. I need to find out the cost using DHL.if your only resetting the CIU it doesn’t matter the software version.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

I did not understand what you mean Harley, unfortunately I do not speak English every time I use the translator and noon always translates right. I'm sorry
Old 06-03-2018, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Quote:
I did not understand what you mean Harley, unfortunately I do not speak English every time I use the translator and noon always translates right. I'm sorry
The problem with the CIU it needs software in order to regain the presets and back up camera and Nav. I have a stand alone tool which I ship around the country which is capable of programming the CIU it doesn’t need a laptop. You plug it into the ODB port and 1.5 later the CIU works again.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Good morning Burt, only 50 € to upgrade? You're lucky, let me know how it went after you did it.

Best

Dany
Hello Dany,

Last Friday my CIU was updated at Kroymans in Hilversum and everything is working great again. It took 1.5 hours and the technician needed around 0.5 hours hands on. First I had to pay € 220, but after verifying the price with the technician I asked beforehand, the price was € 75, so that was nice.

Because now I had the opportunity I asked the technician what caused the reset issue. According to the mechanic most of the time it is caused by a device connected to the USB port. I experienced this earlier with a worn USB cable, but last months nothing was connected at my USB port, so I am still in doubt. Anyway everything is working again.

Off topic, but interesting, I was told now Fiskers from all over Europe go to Kroymans because they are the last official Fisker Service Centre in Europe. People even come from Finland to The Netherlands combining holiday with repair and/or service for there Fisker. This year they sold there last brand new Fisker.

Best regards,

Bart
Old 06-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

This is the issue I posted earlier in thread: Reduced performance contact service center (2) and CIU issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
Thanks all for your knewledge and experience so far.

In the passing months the reduced performance error dit not occur.

Concerning the CIU by coincidence it is possible to make the error happen on purpose. One of my micro-USB cables for a tablet computer connected to the USB port of the car underneath the arm rest is slightly broken; i.e. the wiring is not insulated anymore. When connected to the tablet and after manipulating / moving the tablet the error of 'plop' sound and screen turning white happens over and over again. Since than I don't use the cable anymore and the error dit not return.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

I wanted to thank Christoph and FiskerPhilly on the forum for the success of the intervention done in Milan on my Karma on European software.
Thanks so many BOYS.