have you had a battery module replaced in your car? - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2018, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosssr View Post
thanks for that.

presently, a very able and experienced tech is replacing 2 modules. i hope it works.

is there any value to the used batteries that are in the car now? for example if i were to choose to go the way of replacing the entire pack sometime down the road, could i sell the other modules? and if so, what value do they have?
I installed an old new stock battery i had i ended up having to replace one of the modules I could never get it to balance and get rid of the CEL. Even after complete replacement i had to do a few drive cycles.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
"new" packs are really new old stock packs and are already aged (most built 2012 or earlier- ~a123 bk)
If your tech is not skilled at balancing and replacing modules you are better off going with the new old stock pack... If you are using a skilled tech that knows how to diagnose, replace and balance modules; replacing the defective modules is a better bet.

It would not be smart to have a parts-swapper shop replace the modules; without balancing.

The labor on replacing a full pack should be much cheaper than the labor to open up the defective pack and replace the bad modules. But pricing is all over the place. Your best bet is to talk to Joe.
Dear Powersource,

At your mentioned website I read about a 60kWh battery pack for the Fisker. Are you willing to share your experience with that? Does it work? Is it realiable? Do you need some emulation to make it work? With decreasing prices for lithium batteries is it becoming an alternative for the new old stock packs?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
Dear Powersource,

At your mentioned website I read about a 60kWh battery pack for the Fisker. Are you willing to share your experience with that? Does it work? Is it realiable? Do you need some emulation to make it work? With decreasing prices for lithium batteries is it becoming an alternative for the new old stock packs?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Bart
Bart,

Yes we are currently testing the 60kWh packs and hopefully we can announce production prices soon. The main issue is, we are supply constraint with the modules. We don't want to put up the packs for sale and not have enough supply to fulfill orders. We are working on a deal to procure enough modules for a batch of 10 general production orders.

All the systems work and are fully integrated with the 2012 architecture. The long pole in the tent is a consistent supply of modules.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Bart,

Yes we are currently testing the 60kWh packs and hopefully we can announce production prices soon. The main issue is, we are supply constraint with the modules. We don't want to put up the packs for sale and not have enough supply to fulfill orders. We are working on a deal to procure enough modules for a batch of 10 general production orders.

All the systems work and are fully integrated with the 2012 architecture. The long pole in the tent is a consistent supply of modules.
Thanks for your answer. It is encouraging to know there is some evolution concerning the Fisker. It sounds the 60 kWh battery pack is a custom product. I am eager to know what the price will be. I subscribed to your mailing list.

I wish you success with your business.

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote