Clicking sound engine bay - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2018, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Default Clicking sound engine bay

My Karma just developed this extremely significant clicking sound, under the hood near the ICE, but not while the ICE is running. It sounds "electronic": either sort of like an arc-ing sound or a switch actuating in rapid succession. Anybody heard this one before? It happens in stealth mode (first video) and continues for maybe 10 seconds even after I turn the car off (second video)

https://youtu.be/Bnbq0Lgpkso

https://youtu.be/PYd8QUfNzvI

Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
My Karma just developed this extremely significant clicking sound, under the hood near the ICE, but not while the ICE is running. It sounds "electronic": either sort of like an arc-ing sound or a switch actuating in rapid succession. Anybody heard this one before? It happens in stealth mode (first video) and continues for maybe 10 seconds even after I turn the car off (second video)

https://youtu.be/Bnbq0Lgpkso

https://youtu.be/PYd8QUfNzvI
I'm wondering if your HVAC Curtain has broken, as mine has. Does it do it as soon as you turn the car on and then several seconds later finally stop?
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marswill View Post
I'm wondering if your HVAC Curtain has broken, as mine has. Does it do it as soon as you turn the car on and then several seconds later finally stop?
Thanks for the response, marswill, but I believe mine is different. I have read about the HVAC sound on this forum and, and long with your description, I'm certain this is different.

The sound begins soon after starting the car and continues for as long as the car is running, then continues after I turn it off for about 10 seconds. It is not coming from the center console or dashboard area, but definitely forward, under the hood, near the internal combustion engine's exhaust manifold. I'm assuming there is something electronic there...some sort of control/switch. I called it a clicking but sometimes is sounds like a popping sound (like an electric arc). It is not a regular sound pattern, but rather is a random pattern of occurrence. In the video you watch here while the car is running, one might imagine that the odd sounds are bad video sound quality doing something to the video microphone, but all those weird clicks and pops are not bad video sound, it's the car.

Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Recently there was a discussion thread about noises that failing Couplers make.

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-...iving-gas.html
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ira

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

It's clearly a case of the Fisker Flu, which is highly contagious. Make an appointment with Dr. Cadam ASAP. Even so, you'll still need to quarantine your Karma for 4 weeks. But it should be feeling well and running great just in time for our February 10, 2018 Meet and Greet.
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote