Need advice on Paint Protection Film & paint coatings - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2017, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Default Need advice on Paint Protection Film & paint coatings

A friend of mine is a key exec and stock owner of Ziebart in Detroit.

I would like to protect my Silver Mirage, like new, near mint, very low milage Signature Car#13, CPO with 2 yr warranty.

Looking for advice, pls see below: (I live in northeast Ohio.)

I am looking at putting these two protective products offered by Ziebart on my Fisker:
1) Ziebart Paint Protection Film-Tough protection for your vehicles most vulnerable areas
2) Ceramic Z-Gloss:
The newest technology in paint coatings-automotive protectant coating
Ceramic protective layer, enhanced gloss characteristics, locking in the shine for years,
hydrophobic properties provide protection vs dirt, bugs, acid rain, bird droppings, etc.

Any advice, etc?

Thx, Buzinvest
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage

If you do a search here using word 'xpel' you will find tons of conversations on the subject of paint protection film (curiously, searching '3m' didn't turn anything up, though I know it's also been discussed).

If you have an 'in' at Ziebart, then it sounds like you have your product (and hopefully a good price) all lined up, so not sure what other information you are looking for, other than "yes, paint protection is a very good idea!" I don't think anyone else here on the forum has used ziebart product in particular, that can give you advice on it.
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

I have no experience with Ziebart, but I have several friends who have had Ceramic Pro or Z-Gloss applied and the results are amazing (gloss, protection, depth of color). The longer-term protection of the Ceramic options are still unknown for me, but the evidence suggests they are close to the same type of abrasion protection as film. And they look great and wash up nicely. I have had two cars wrapped with protective film (Avery), but mine was not clear, they have been colored vinyl. For the next car I protect, I would not choose film over ceramic unless I was again having the color changed (in other words, clear film isn't interesting to me, but again: I do not know the properties of Ziebart).

Dave_Car_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2017, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

thanks.
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
Old 01-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deep Ocean in ATL

Quoted: 111 Post(s)

I have had Xpel on my Karma's front, mirrors and rear side fenders for nearly 6 years. It is nearly impossible to detect/notice--save the cut lines. I had a stone puncture the hood Xpel and the installer removed and replaced with no issue or damage to the paint. It cleans, waxes and appears the same as paint with no issues. Each year, I "clay" the Karma and there is no difference between the paint surface and the Xpel covered surfaces. The Karma was my third Xpel car, and had good results with each.
AlJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Here is a description of one of the two services available from Ziebart that I would like to put on my Fisker:

"If you want to keep your car or truck safe on the road, Z-Shield® Paint Protection Film is a must. Ziebart’s Z-Shield® Paint Protection Film helps defend vulnerable parts of your automobile, placing a buffer between your showroom-quality paint job and the hazards the road throws at you.

A Transparent Paint Shield

Z-Shield® Paint Protection Film adheres to your vehicle’s paint without impacting the appearance or paint color. Optically clear and nearly invisible, easily wrapped around curved surfaces like mirrors or bumpers, the paint protection film prevents a wide assortment of scratches and scrapes your vehicle may encounter. Backed by an industry-leading warranty, the paint protection film is guaranteed to leave your vehicle looking as good as the day it was applied (no stain, no fade!)

Z-Shield® Paint Protection Film: preventing scratches from mile one!"

Anyone have any comments on this Ziebart service?
Old 01-02-2018, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

Here is a description of the second service available from Ziebart that I would like to put on my Fisker:

"This is the Ultimate in Vehicle Paint Coating.
Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating utilizes Ziebart's nearly 60 years of experience in developing and producing automotive protective paint coatings for unmatched protection for your vehicle.

Providing a strong, ceramic protective layer with enhanced gloss characteristics, Ceramic Z-Gloss Paint Coating locks that gorgeous shine into your vehicle. Not only will the shine be amazing, but the protection you'll get for your vehicle's paint is unmatched. That's all thanks to the three layered coating available only with our new Z-Gloss Paint Coating.

We're talking about an impact resistant, chemical resistant, acid rain resistant, UV resistant, scratch resistant, temperature resistant, high gloss finish that will have your vehicle looking newer than new.

Not only that, but we guarantee this gloss won't fade for seven years and it will require ZERO waxing for just as long. This product comes with a seven year, limited warranty with no maintenance required.

The benefits are extraordinary.

Be the envy of other vehicle owners. "

I have seen these two products/services on some cars and they look awesome, even years later!

Anyone have any comments on this second Ziebart service?
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

Has anyone used the "Gtechniq" ceramic coating ?
fiskerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

I am still looking for input on coatings Also, i would like to update some road rash and paint chips before I coat my Karma. Does anyone know where to get paint? I have "Deep Ocean" with "Diamond Glass". Thanks for any feedback.
fiskerjim is offline   Reply With Quote