How to do a hard reset - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Default How to do a hard reset

Five years running, and I've never had to do a hard reset...until now. Was driving along in sport mode, turned on the AC, it immediately went to full blast (maximum) setting without me touching anything other than "auto," and now will not turn off. The fan is blowing full blast, did a soft reset, charged the car, everything worked normally, but the AC fans will still NOT turn off. No cold air though, just ambient temp.

I assume a hard reset is the only way to shut the fans off, but I'll be damned if I know how to do one.

Any video help?
Deposit #632 made March 22, 2008...ordered EcoSport - Eclipse - Monsoon Tri-Tone on March 22, 2011...Began driving February 17, 2012 (although I would have waited until March 22 if necessary)
Richard Carnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carnes View Post
Five years running, and I've never had to do a hard reset...until now. Was driving along in sport mode, turned on the AC, it immediately went to full blast (maximum) setting without me touching anything other than "auto," and now will not turn off. The fan is blowing full blast, did a soft reset, charged the car, everything worked normally, but the AC fans will still NOT turn off. No cold air though, just ambient temp.

I assume a hard reset is the only way to shut the fans off, but I'll be damned if I know how to do one.

Any video help?
Read this post.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Fab - As always, for all these years, thank you. I'm still a loyal reader but haven't had an issue for a long time. Now I evidently have a parking brake calibration error to deal with due to the hard reset, but have found plenty of things to try here on the forum. Will let you know if nothing works.

Again, thanks.
Deposit #632 made March 22, 2008...ordered EcoSport - Eclipse - Monsoon Tri-Tone on March 22, 2011...Began driving February 17, 2012 (although I would have waited until March 22 if necessary)

Old 09-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Do not upgrade to 53x many flaws... stick with 520... Looks like you are being scammed by Karma. The new update is flawed and a scam. We are forced to provide a TOM for the scam update but we do not support it because we know the logic is flawed in 53x, but some people like it. YMMV
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Now I evidently have a parking brake calibration error to deal with due to the hard reset,
@Richard_Carnes, the Parking Brake calibration is not really an error. It's just an extra one-time step you have to do after a hard reset. When you get the message, just pull the parking brake button and while holding it, fully press the brake pedal. After a few seconds (and some clicking noises), the message will go away and you are good to go, and to stop.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Old 09-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Hmmmmm. I keep trying it. Car in park, parking brake error on the screen. I pull the parking brake, keep holding it, push the brake pedal to the floor, and the clicking noises occur. I can hear the parking brake "activating" (the sound that it has every single time I park, per FiskerBuzz instructions years ago), but the error remains.
Should I do another hard reset?
Old 09-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hmmmmm. I keep trying it. Car in park, parking brake error on the screen. I pull the parking brake, keep holding it, push the brake pedal to the floor, and the clicking noises occur. I can hear the parking brake "activating" (the sound that it has every single time I park, per FiskerBuzz instructions years ago), but the error remains.
Should I do another hard reset?
What's the actual error message you are getting?

Old 09-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

"Calibration Required: Apply foot and parking brake" - I pull the brake tab, push the brake, and hold both until they stop cycling (sounds like twice), at which point it says "Service Parking Brake" and all goes quiet.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
"Calibration Required: Apply foot and parking brake" - I pull the brake tab, push the brake, and hold both until they stop cycling (sounds like twice), at which point it says "Service Parking Brake" and all goes quiet.
Not sure if this makes any difference, but I usually push down and hold the brake pedal first, and then pull and hold the hand brake switch and wait for the clicking to stop.

Try doing a second hard reset, but wait 10-15 minutes before reconnecting the cable. Then use the above process to do the calibration.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

sounds like your parking brake cable is stuck. i.e. it tried to re-calibrate then somehow either got binded or was not able to complete calibration. How technically inclined are you?
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote