Urgent help - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
Hello HybridFanatic,

I had the same issue. Last Friday my CIU was updated at Kroymans in Hilversum, The Netherlands, and everything is working great again. It took 1.5 hours and the technician needed around 0.5 hours hands on. First I had to pay Ä 220, but after verifying the price with the technician I asked beforehand, the price was Ä 75, so that was nice.

Because now I had the opportunity I asked the technician what caused the reset issue. According to the mechanic most of the time it is caused by a device connected to the USB port. I experienced this earlier with a worn USB cable, but last months nothing was connected at my USB port, so I am still in doubt. Anyway everything is working again.

Off topic, but interesting, I was told now Fiskers from all over Europe go to Kroymans because they are the last official Fisker Service Centre in Europe. People even come from Finland to The Netherlands combining holiday with repair and/or service for their Fisker. This year they sold their last brand new Fisker.

Best regards,

Bart
The mechanic told you the wrong reason the CIU resets itself and itís not the usb cable or port .
First problem that can cause the reset is water coming into the car from the pollen filter hosing and water runs down the wires going into the CIU

The second and the most common is a bug in the 520 software when the technician uses the car config manager to load 520.
If 520 is installed manually it doesnít cause the bug .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Hi there,

together with Joe (FiskerPhilly) we are going to help on reflashes for software & and CIU as well as battery checks and other tasks which can be taken care of via remote for Switzerland, Germany and perhaps other locations as soon as we have collected some more experience.

- in Switzerland we have done a BL520 reflash and battery health check so far.
- tomorrow we are going to help Dany65 and a colleague in Milano, Italy.

Plan is to ship Joe's laptop and Interface within Europe to take care of these jobs remotely.

Will keep you posted.

Best
Christoph
Christoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

@B. Surm I'm glad to hear you didn't have to pay much. Hopefully this repair is free of charge on my end since I had major work then recently on the car. I will see if I can take it to the shop today. Then post the results when I get it back
HybridFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
The mechanic told you the wrong reason the CIU resets itself and itís not the usb cable or port .
First problem that can cause the reset is water coming into the car from the pollen filter hosing and water runs down the wires going into the CIU

The second and the most common is a bug in the 520 software when the technician uses the car config manager to load 520.
Hello Harleyguy,

In my situation the USB port story didn't fit. What actually was an issue at that time is that the spillway / draining tube at the window wiper joint at the driver site was obliterated by dirt. Is this what you are referring to with 'pollen filter hosing'? Can water that accumulates at the wiper joint place permeate, by means of the nearby cable coming from the wiper, to the CIU?

My car is at 520, but I don't know if this is done manually or by config manager...

Thanks for your help.

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
Hello Harleyguy,

In my situation the USB port story didn't fit. What actually was an issue at that time is that the spillway / draining tube at the window wiper joint at the driver site was obliterated by dirt. Is this what you are referring to with 'pollen filter hosing'? Can water that accumulates at the wiper joint place permeate, by means of the nearby cable coming from the wiper, to the CIU?

My car is at 520, but I don't know if this is done manually or by config manager...

Thanks for your help.

Bart
Bart,

If you open the hood and look at the passenger side below the window youíll see the cover/small door for the pollen filter. Itís the housing around that filter that heís referring to; specifically, where it meets/attaches to the firewall.

Try this link:
https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-...ght=Water+leak
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post

THAT is very interesting.
thanks
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote