Replacing the MSD Fuse to increase performance - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I finally got an opportunity to do a Dynolicious run on the combination TOM+Upgraded MSD today. The results were almost unbelievable:

I think I should re-run the test.
yeah I think -- I guess April 1 come around allot ;-)
Old 08-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
I finally got an opportunity to do a Dynolicious run on the combination TOM+Upgraded MSD today. The results were almost unbelievable: I think I should re-run the test.
Just take out the word "almost". The app is lit. Let us know the next test results.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

[Quoted Post Deleted at OP’s Request]

Once I was told "if you want to drive a Ferrari... have the money to buy two".
At the end it cost me $$$$ like I owned three.

But here is my five cent, If you want a Fisker, make sure the owner/driver understands how to drive it (just like it is with a Ferrari). Don't run potholes, go slow on rough streets (Suspension bushings will go). Push the car just every now and then (it has a shot load of torque and you may blow out your rear end). I would not try to get more power out of it since, as it is with all cars, they are designed as a package, meaning the drive-train is able to handle the power. If you put more power on the system it will fail sooner then you may like.

The Karma is an Exotic car (Just like a Ferrari used to be), be aware mistreating it will cost ya. So either you are rich, or know how to fix it.

H

P.s.: Still love mine, have to fix (when in doubt, reboot! ) something every two month, but that's still lesser then I have to reboot my mobile.phone.

-Hans

2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tri-Tone Interior #0888

Last edited by Fabulist; 10-06-2017 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Quoted post deleted at OP’s Requsest. Post otherwise unchanged.
hansu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 09:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansu1 View Post
Once I was told "if you want to drive a Ferrari... have the money to buy two".
At the end it cost me $$$$ like I owned three.

But here is my five cent, If you want a Fisker, make sure the owner/driver understands how to drive it (just like it is with a Ferrari). Don't run potholes, go slow on rough streets (Suspension bushings will go). Push the car just every now and then (it has a shot load of torque and you may blow out your rear end). I would not try to get more power out of it since, as it is with all cars, they are designed as a package, meaning the drive-train is able to handle the power. If you put more power on the system it will fail sooner then you may like.

The Karma is an Exotic car (Just like a Ferrari used to be), be aware mistreating it will cost ya. So either you are rich, or know how to fix it.

H

P.s.: Still love mine, have to fix (when in doubt, reboot! ) something every two month, but that's still lesser then I have to reboot my mobile.phone.

Some of this is correct...

I worked for Fisker previously and all of the engineering was outsourced to 3rd parties and was designed mainly independently by several distinct "TIER 1" companies. The left hand and right hand were not in sync (i.e the suppliers wrote the specifications)

With regards to getting more power out of it, this is a limitation of the inverters mainly as they are ford focus electric inverters rated for 85kw cont 125kw peak. The motors are rated for 150kw a piece for a total of 300kw. The drivetrain was rated for more obviously and the issues with the drivetrain are mainly manufacturing issues or assembly issues.

There is a fake barrier put in the software by quantum technologies to make Sport mode seem like sport mode and stealth mode seem different.

The battery packs are rated for 10c or around 210kw yet they limited to 180kw because they wanted to give Sport mode a real "Sport" feeling.

The components are engineered to withstand in excess of 300kw the transaxle is based off a corvette one.

We have put close to a million miles on our product with no issues. Fisker was a very different company than normal auto manufacturers in that it chose to outsource all aspects of its business to suppliers and manufacturers.

The only true way to figure out what the powertrain is capable of is to work backwards..

Regardless we are confident relaxing the limits from 180kw to 210kw will not cause any issues on the drivetrain as that drivetrain in normal operation puts out in excess of 250kw peak.

IF you have any data otherwise which debunks our data would love to hear it.

We have had 0 issues thus from from the 30kw power increase

The only issues we have seen is from 530 and 535 which have introduced new issues like flash ready etc. If you are saying these are engineered products meant to work with the Fisker Karma we would disagree and tell you they are a determent to the vehicle as they have caused far more problems than any previous software release (i.e. immobilizing the vehicle randomly).

Last edited by PowerSource; 10-05-2017 at 09:57 PM.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Some of this is correct...

I worked for Fisker previously and all of the engineering was outsourced to 3rd parties and was designed mainly independently by several distinct "TIER 1" companies. The left hand and right hand were not in sync (i.e the suppliers wrote the specifications)

With regards to getting more power out of it, this is a limitation of the inverters mainly as they are ford focus electric inverters rated for 85kw cont 125kw peak. The motors are rated for 150kw a piece for a total of 300kw. The drivetrain was rated for more obviously and the issues with the drivetrain are mainly manufacturing issues or assembly issues.

There is a fake barrier put in the software by quantum technologies to make Sport mode seem like sport mode and stealth mode seem different.

The battery packs are rated for 10c or around 210kw yet they limited to 180kw because they wanted to give Sport mode a real "Sport" feeling.

The components are engineered to withstand in excess of 300kw the transaxle is based off a corvette one.

We have put close to a million miles on our product with no issues. Fisker was a very different company than normal auto manufacturers in that it chose to outsource all aspects of its business to suppliers and manufacturers.

The only true way to figure out what the powertrain is capable of is to work backwards..

Regardless we are confident relaxing the limits from 180kw to 210kw will not cause any issues on the drivetrain as that drivetrain in normal operation puts out in excess of 250kw peak.

IF you have any data otherwise which debunks our data would love to hear it.

We have had 0 issues thus from from the 30kw power increase

The only issues we have seen is from 530 and 535 which have introduced new issues like flash ready etc. If you are saying these are engineered products meant to work with the Fisker Karma we would disagree and tell you they are a determent to the vehicle as they have caused far more problems than any previous software release (i.e. immobilizing the vehicle randomly).
Soooo, the funky smell emits from my inverters and not from my 3 years old son's pants when I floor it. Interesting, I need to stop blaming him. Seriously now, the weakest link will break. It's great that you put a million miles on your Karmas, and I was intrigued to put a TOM in my Karma. Problem is, that if you want to enhance your cars performance, one would consider a product with costumer support in case something goes wrong and trust me I have a somewhat tech background. I understand that you guys make your money with contract R&D and the Karma is just a hobby.

That said, normal person, leave your Karma as is. Unplug the plug under your hood if you get funky lights, wait 5 minutes, reconnect and done.... unless a rodent eats your wiring harness, you'll drive it for 2 million miles perhaps.

-Hans

2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tri-Tone Interior #0888
hansu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansu1 View Post
Soooo, the funky smell emits from my inverters and not from my 3 years old son's pants when I floor it. Interesting, I need to stop blaming him. Seriously now, the weakest link will break. It's great that you put a million miles on your Karmas, and I was intrigued to put a TOM in my Karma. Problem is, that if you want to enhance your cars performance, one would consider a product with costumer support in case something goes wrong and trust me I have a somewhat tech background. I understand that you guys make your money with contract R&D and the Karma is just a hobby.

That said, normal person, leave your Karma as is. Unplug the plug under your hood if you get funky lights, wait 5 minutes, reconnect and done.... unless a rodent eats your wiring harness, you'll drive it for 2 million miles perhaps.
Not aware of any funky smell from the Inverters, the inverters have proven to be rock solid as they de-rate automatically depending on IGBT temps.

I don't think I have seen a customer complaint yet from our lack of support. If someone wants to purchase our product they can, very easily. It is shipped out and we fully support the product.

Thank god you are not our customer lol just finding something randomly to complain about with no facts to back it up.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Those data seem to be tremedous. Did the re-run of the test approve those data?
So, at the end you changed the fuse and installed the TOM. Sounds to good to be real... :-)
Champp1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I finally got an opportunity to do a Dynolicious run on the combination TOM+Upgraded MSD today. The results were almost unbelievable:

I think I should re-run the test.
somehhow those data are really hard to believe... did you do another test? Is there a video or so?
Old 10-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champp1974 View Post
somehhow those data are really hard to believe... did you do another test? Is there a video or so?
Thatís the problem with Dynolicious. If your phone is not perfectly secure and gets knocked around, it registers as the car suddenly going to warp drive.

I have not had the opportunity to try another timed run. I need a safely empty parking lot to try it again. Will update when I get a chance to do it.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Thatís the problem with Dynolicious. If your phone is not perfectly secure and gets knocked around, it registers as the car suddenly going to warp drive.

I have not had the opportunity to try another timed run. I need a safely empty parking lot to try it again. Will update when I get a chance to do it.
I am really impressed. I dont need a proof but I just wanted to know if it was really measured by you. Those data are tremendous. Thanks for sharing those stats!

These 1,12 G force must be amazing. That's almost TESLA level...

You did the fuse change (630 instead of 350) and you installed the TOM kit?

Do you still have the old HV battery or an update?