This is sad - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 02:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
I think she is the leggy gal standing by the car (after a quick Google of her) - while she's clearly got an axe to grind and is wrong on many points (the Karma is considerably better looking than a Tesla Model S or an AM Rapide - I would take her up on that dare any day), she does make some good points. The car does feel heavy and is not really that smooth to drive around slowly, for example. But the biggest point she raises was stated by KA's CMO himself; that this car doesn't really have a role (not an airport shuttle or a sports car, but rather something that you own to drive around in).

However much I love my Karma, she's not completely wrong; I would not feel comfortable with a Karma as my only car (and that's not just a comment about reliability)...
She seems to like Henrik himself but can sniff a scam when she sees it. See her twitter and other social media. Karma Automotive is a scam- they have cheated owners out of thousands and lied to many people. There is no leadership only mutiny and cronyism. The people that paid for a warranty likely got no benefit and the others are floating along as this scam continues. We have had to fix many of these cars- many we fixed free because Karma "CSP" was too inept at doing anything of substance. We replaced many of the defective battery packs that Karma "paid" for that were defective with our own. So they upgraded to our solutions which weren't really meant to supplement failed parts on the Karma but for people that want to upgrade... But I Digress

For the haters that claim we are being too brutal...let Karma sue us now. They know who we are- we handed them a ham sandwich last time around. We continuously fix their issues and mistakes. To those interested in doing anything for the 2012 owners- there is no money to be made- only money to be lost- a sad situation.. But we do it regardless. There is no doubt that Karma stole the TOM technology from us (we have proof) but whatever. These guys are spineless thieves plain and simple

Lets see what happens in the future.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)

My $0.02 on this article:

The author seems to be too preoccupied with looking good in the photos to be taken particularly seriously, using the Revero more as a prop or background. But she is not entirely wrong. The Karma was a revolutionary vehicle in 2008, but there is nothing particularly remarkable about it today. I still love driving my Karma and drive it as often as I can, but the serial hybrid drivetrain is not exactly state of the art in 2018, and definitely not at $130K. Offering a slightly updated 2008 car in 2018 for $130K is a tough sell.

And KA's executives are not doing themselves any favors with the "this car is not for you" campaign and the absurdly long list of people or uses this car is NOT for, and just from personal experience, it is wrong. I have made plenty of airport runs in my Karma, it has been my daily driver and commute car since I bought it, and I have even gone on a couple of long trips in it, and it works perfectly fine in all of those roles, and with my TOM and upgraded MSD fuse, it is plenty quick. I am not sure where KA got the idea that telling people that they are not good enough to buy your car would sell a lot of cars, I think most people would simply accept KA's judgment and move on to something else.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
My $0.02 on this article:

The author seems to be too preoccupied with looking good in the photos to be taken particularly seriously, using the Revero more as a prop or background. But she is not entirely wrong. The Karma was a revolutionary vehicle in 2008, but there is nothing particularly remarkable about it today. I still love driving my Karma and drive it as often as I can, but the serial hybrid drivetrain is not exactly state of the art in 2018, and definitely not at $130K. Offering a slightly updated 2008 car in 2018 for $130K is a tough sell.

And KA's executives are not doing themselves any favors with the "this car is not for you" campaign and the absurdly long list of people or uses this car is NOT for, and just from personal experience, it is wrong. I have made plenty of airport runs in my Karma, it has been my daily driver and commute car since I bought it, and I have even gone on a couple of long trips in it, and it works perfectly fine in all of those roles, and with my TOM and upgraded MSD fuse, it is plenty quick. I am not sure where KA got the idea that telling people that they are not good enough to buy your car would sell a lot of cars, I think most people would simply accept KA's judgment and move on to something else.

btw, what is "MSD fuse" -- first i heard of it -- I have the TOM and love it, but not the MSD fuse ??

Old 08-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

She might have some good points, but trying to make her anorexic legs and herself so prominent in the photo totally makes me question everything she says. I don't think it was the Karma making her feel mad. Maybe if she ate a little before driving, she would be in a better mood. I can't ever remember reading a review where the reviewer featured themselves so prominently in the photos instead of the car. It's just weird to me.
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post

btw, what is "MSD fuse" -- first i heard of it -- I have the TOM and love it, but not the MSD fuse ??
The Manual Service Disconnect is a safety device used to isolate the HV battery. It's a big orange plug under the passenger seat on the driver's side. See this post and linked document.

Inside the MSD, there is a fuse that restricts the amount of power that can be drawn from the battery. The factory fuse is limited to 350A which is wildly undersized. The fuse can be safely upgraded to a 630A fuse to allow more power to be drawn out of the battery without blowing the fuse. Combined with the TOM, it puts an additional pep in the Karma's step. This is a fairly inexpensive upgrade, as a new MSD costs less than $100 and the upgraded fuse can be had for another $50. I kept my old MSD as a spare in case the new one dies at an inopportune moment.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
The Manual Service Disconnect is a safety device used to isolate the HV battery. It's a big orange plug under the passenger seat on the driver's side. See this post and linked document.

Inside the MSD, there is a fuse that restricts the amount of power that can be drawn from the battery. The factory fuse is limited to 350A which is wildly undersized. The fuse can be safely upgraded to a 630A fuse to allow more power to be drawn out of the battery without blowing the fuse. Combined with the TOM, it puts an additional pep in the Karma's step. This is a fairly inexpensive upgrade, as a new MSD costs less than $100 and the upgraded fuse can be had for another $50. I kept my old MSD as a spare in case the new one dies at an inopportune moment.
did you do it yourself or who did it for you and at what cost?
Old 08-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
She might have some good points, but trying to make her anorexic legs and herself so prominent in the photo totally makes me question everything she says. I don't think it was the Karma making her feel mad. Maybe if she ate a little before driving, she would be in a better mood. I can't ever remember reading a review where the reviewer featured themselves so prominently in the photos instead of the car. It's just weird to me.
Hit piece for sure and a good way to promote herself -- and I agree , some points are very valid, but not the subjective content related to looks or drive.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Uh... yeah Fab, I think we need a new thread and some specifics on this MSD thing, including a link or description of where to buy it, whether you did-it-yourself (you know: electrocution risk level and such).

I didn't see it the first time around because it was buried in a discussion about RDM, and I suspect it will be equally difficult to find in this discussion about the Revero review, but I'm very interested in hearing more.
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Here's where she lost all credibility. "From some angles it's ALMOST good looking" ... Quite likely the STUPIDEST thing ever said about a Karma/Revero.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)

For the record, the original posted topic was a merged topic by a moderator, our link was in a different topic but there is no record of how it was merged...

Further, the Revero looks way more hideous than the Karma.. No way to lump the two. One is a beauty the other is a beast with regards to the tack-ons they did with the fascias, chrome, halloween interior, logos etc. Alex Klatt at his worst (creator of the Vagina head-rests in the atlantic). Disaster
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote