#685 Maryland - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Default #685 Maryland

There is a sticker on my engine stating:
Fisker Automotive, Inc.
Campaign No: 520120016
Retailer code: 50014
Repair Date: 9/19/12

does anyone have information on what the campaign was?
jjayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

I should have googled this before posting. Here is the link
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/c...2V413-6800.pdf

It deals with the fan motors:
Fisker will remove two potentially affected low temperature cooling fans and replace them with one improved low temperature cooling fan. A resistive cap will also be installed. In addition, a 20-amp fuse will be added in-line for improved circuit protection.

8. Reimbursement Program

All of the subject vehicles are within the Fisker Limited New Vehicle Warranty period. Accordingly, pursuant to 49 C.F.R. 577.11(e), Fisker requests that it be exempt from the pre-notification remedy reimbursement requirements.
jjayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Exactly why you should buy a certified Karma.......preferably with a warranty through Karma Automotive.

There are no funds from Fisker to complete the recalls that some Karma's did not have completed. If your Karma needs anything, and it did not go through the certification process and warranty offered through Karma Automotive ~ any recalls needed will be at your expense.

If I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me very attractive ;-)
Special K is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2017, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Exactly why you should buy a certified Karma.......preferably with a warranty through Karma Automotive.

There are no funds from Fisker to complete the recalls that some Karma's did not have completed. If your Karma needs anything, and it did not go through the certification process and warranty offered through Karma Automotive ~ any recalls needed will be at your expense.
They are legally obligated to fix the car if it does not have the fan recall that was part of the FA bk.

Some issues with buying a pre owned car "backed" by Karma- it is only as good as the "CSP" backing it... Karma themselves are scammers who have defrauded many customers with their newest updates and the battery packs that have had to be replaced. We have had to replace several of these packs- with our packs from fedup owners; but that is out of necessity vs "warrantable action" or failed warranties from CSP's that have went out of business or non-approved "corporate" repairs.

Advise: talk to someone legitimate who can do a pre-purchase inspection and you feel comfortable dealing with.

My suggestions are Joe and Adam. If you don't deal with these guys you might as well play the lotto.

Good luck
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)

Maybe I am missing something, but doesn't the sticker on @jjayjr's car mean that the fan campaign was completed?

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Maybe I am missing something, but doesn't the sticker on @jjayjr's car mean that the fan campaign was completed?
Yes but there are also cars that have had this recall completed that have no stickers or cars that have not had it completed with stickers. I have seen all these variants. The fan recall happened during a time when dealers were jumping ship off the FA bandwagon. Wanted to ditch the brand as quick as possible.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
...cars that have not had it completed with stickers. I have seen all these variants...

Odd, why would a dealer/tech attest to performing work (placing a "work performed" sticker with date) and not doing it - doesn't make sense.

I have seen it where they do the work and forget or omit placing the campaign completed decal as it's reported up via VIN, but not a situation claiming to perform a campagin and not do it.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
Odd, why would a dealer/tech attest to performing work (placing a "work performed" sticker with date) and not doing it - doesn't make sense.

I have seen it where they do the work and forget or omit placing the campaign completed decal as it's reported up via VIN, but not a situation claiming to perform a campagin and not do it.
Parts weren't available and it was mass confusion with the company tanking, dealers or former dealers at the time were looking to dump cars- they couldn't legally sell cars without the "sticker". I actually purchased a car with the sticker claiming the work has been performed but it had not been done. I have seen others for sale through out the years.