Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Stearing linkage repair (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/36338-stearing-linkage-repair.html)

Sha 04-24-2018 05:33 PM

Got the car passed inspection today with two new tie rod end outer installed, front wheel alignment plus two new summer tires. The car drives like a charm.

Thanks Joe for getting the tie rod parts out quickly, appriciated.

1DopeTech 12-07-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomsin (Post 293002)
hello i have one used but good one. if need please write me.

still have that’s steering rack?

B. Surm 03-27-2019 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyguy (Post 314170)
Your information is in correct you can not just replace the ball joint on the lower control arms . Also the problem is the bushings on the lower control arm wear out. You have two choices replace both control arms or buy a set of bushings Alex Pop has made and press out the old ones and press in the new ones. As far as out and inner tie rods if the other ones are worn out you buy just the other tie rods. If the inner ones are worn out you need to buy a complete steering rack or find a set of good used ones. Fisker never produced the inner tie rods or sell them separate.
This post had two separate discussions concerning front end problems

Dear Harleyguy,

Today my Fisker went for regular service and the front wheel arm need to be replaced because of wear on the joints (see picture with red arrows). Are bushings available for this or should both whole arms be replaced?

The car only drove 98k km ~ 60k mi...??? is this normal wear??

Thanks in advance for your answer.

BartAttachment 13099

ufojoe 03-27-2019 12:12 PM

It's normal. Alex Pop at Elite Motors OC has upgraded bushings available.

B. Surm 03-27-2019 04:25 PM

I just spoke to Alex and he will send the set to The Netherlands. The original bushings are probably to lightly engineered for the weight of the car. The patented modified bushings didn’t need to be replaced until now in contrast to new wheel arms...

firepilot1 05-07-2019 01:25 PM

Found them...both front and rear. Thanks.

B. Surm 05-09-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. Surm (Post 325249)
I just spoke to Alex and he will send the set to The Netherlands. The original bushings are probably to lightly engineered for the weight of the car. The patented modified bushings didn’t need to be replaced until now in contrast to new wheel arms...

Yesterday the front control arm bushings were replaced by a local mechanic and all four wheels were aligned. The mechanic needed at least three hours to press and hammer the old bushings out and put the new bushings from Alex Pop in. I hope my new tires will last longer now with the alignement. The bushings probably will not need a replacement anymore.

This method saved me at least € 1500 incl. taxes, because my Fisker service center advised me to change both control arms that would cost me in total around € 3000 without labour… and after 80.000 km again… and after 80.000 km again etc.

Thanks Alex!

For your information.

Bart