Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Stearing linkage repair (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/36338-stearing-linkage-repair.html)

steven 04-06-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyguy (Post 293162)
Better make sure that's the tie rod end they are available separately

Is there no way to press in new bushings on an old tie-rod? Something like this? click here

Also didn't Fisker source a Corvette Front end?

Nazc0 04-06-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven (Post 314138)
Is there no way to press in new bushings on an old tie-rod? Something like this? click here

Its not a bushing issue, It uses a ball joint at the end. The part is relatively inexpensive and easy to install. I would suggest doing both sides while you are at it as the car will need an alignment afterwards.

Harleyguy 04-06-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 314130)
Hi,

Well, it seems like this is a common problem in the nordic countries. I was today for the yearly inspection and guess what, I too got a notice of the exact same problem on the right wheel. There is a play and it's the outer tie-rod end.

HarleyGuy: Do you have that part available for purchase?

Thanks in advance

PM answered

Harleyguy 04-06-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazc0 (Post 314146)
Its not a bushing issue, It uses a ball joint at the end. The part is relatively inexpensive and easy to install. I would suggest doing both sides while you are at it as the car will need an alignment afterwards.

Your information is in correct you can not just replace the ball joint on the lower control arms . Also the problem is the bushings on the lower control arm wear out. You have two choices replace both control arms or buy a set of bushings Alex Pop has made and press out the old ones and press in the new ones. As far as out and inner tie rods if the other ones are worn out you buy just the other tie rods. If the inner ones are worn out you need to buy a complete steering rack or find a set of good used ones. Fisker never produced the inner tie rods or sell them separate.
This post had two separate discussions concerning front end problems

Harleyguy 04-06-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven (Post 314138)

That looks like a replacement boot and no its not a Corvette front end. The Corvette and the Karma are two different sizes.
Also the steering rack was based on a Corvette steering rack but Fisker modified the racks steering sensor and changed it's position on the steering rack

Nazc0 04-06-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyguy (Post 314170)
Your information is in correct you can not just replace the ball joint on the lower control arms . Also the problem is the bushings on the lower control arm wear out. You have two choices replace both control arms or buy a set of bushings Alex Pop has made and press out the old ones and press in the new ones. As far as out and inner tie rods if the other ones are worn out you buy just the other tie rods. If the inner ones are worn out you need to buy a complete steering rack or find a set of good used ones. Fisker never produced the inner tie rods or sell them separate.
This post had two separate discussions concerning front end problems

I was referring to the outer tie rods and not the control arm. The tie rod uses a ball joint on the end of it, not a bushing as Steven was asking. Outer tie rods are not serviceable and get replaced.

Sha 04-06-2018 04:24 PM

Hi fellows,

The part I think is being asked for here (the one I need) is the steering tie rod end outer position. Upon searching, I have found that the part is manufactured by Deeza.

http://www.deezachassis.com/catalog.html

Partnumber is CD-T103 and it's specially manufactured for the Fisker Karma.

Can anybody help me to get that part, I need two, will change both sides. I need to fix the car within 30 days to get it pass inspection, so I can enjoy it during the summer again.

Thanks again.

PowerSource 04-06-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 314202)
Hi fellows,

The part I think is being asked for here (the one I need) is the steering tie rod end outer position. Upon searching, I have found that the part is manufactured by Deeza.

Can anybody help me to get that part, I need two, will change both sides. I need to fix the car within 30 days to get it pass inspection, so I can enjoy it during the summer again.

Thanks again.

You can get that from @FiskerPhilly

part number C131120112001 I believe

FiskerPhilly 04-06-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 314202)
Hi fellows,

Thanks again.

I have plenty of them in stock, new.

Email me your name and address so I can send you a quote with shipping.
[email protected]

Sha 04-06-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly (Post 314218)
I have plenty of them in stock, new.

Email me your name and address so I can send you a quote with shipping.
[email protected]

Thanks, email sent.