Reclaimed Wood Trim - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Default Reclaimed Wood Trim

Has anyone replaced, painted the wood within the cabin of the car? Any videos available that shows how to remove them? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
marswill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Default

I used Watco Oil on my reclaimed wood. Looks as good, if not better, then new. The Watco oil can be applied without having to remove the wood so it's a very easy solution to prolonging the life and beauty of the wood. If the wood is rough, you can apply the Watco oil with a little steel wool. I've been using Watco oil as a bare wood finish for many decades and will continue to use it.
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Default

Thanks marswill! I actually want to remove and wrap, then reinstall. Looking for help removing, so I don't break. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedkrma View Post
Thanks marswill! I actually want to remove and wrap, then reinstall. Looking for help removing, so I don't break. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's been so long ago I removed one and wrapped it in carbon fiber came out great.They come out very easy go between the dash pad and the wood with a thin screwdriver and pop out the wood it's held in by a couple of clips. I use a trim panel removal tool almost looks like a paint stick.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
It's been so long ago I removed one and wrapped it in carbon fiber came out great.They come out very easy go between the dash pad and the wood with a thin screwdriver and pop out the wood it's held in by a couple of clips. I use a trim panel removal tool almost looks like a paint stick.
Thanks so much harleyguy! What about the second piece in the back? Same clips, do just pops out?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedkrma View Post
Thanks so much harleyguy! What about the second piece in the back? Same clips, do just pops out?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Same deal just lift up on it held in by clips
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Same deal just lift up on it held in by clips
Already figured that out. Thanks again. By the way, they marketed the car with reclaimed wood, but the pieces are plastic. Maybe a paper thin laminate over the plastic. Crazy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedkrma View Post
Already figured that out. Thanks again. By the way, they marketed the car with reclaimed wood, but the pieces are plastic. Maybe a paper thin laminate over the plastic. Crazy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Correct another scam
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedkrma View Post
...they marketed the car with reclaimed wood, but the pieces are plastic. Maybe a paper thin laminate over the plastic. Crazy!
Nothing crazy and not ascam. Actually it's the case in ALL cars - it's just a veneer. Certainly you don't think all that wood in Jaguars, Bentleys, Mercedes, ect are solid blocks/boards of wood all over the dash.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
Nothing crazy and not ascam. Actually it's the case in ALL cars - it's just a veneer. Certainly you don't think all that wood in Jaguars, Bentleys, Mercedes, ect are solid blocks/boards of wood all over the dash.
Anyone else remember when it was all solid wood though? My old Rovers, Jags and MGs all had beautiful thick slabs of burlwood for dashboards, door caps and trim. One of our rovers even had solid burlwood picnic tables and crystal glassware that folded out of the back. Just gorgeous with chrome trim and cream leather.
PNWkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wood replacement... milyonz Fisker Karma 14 01-31-2018 12:05 AM
Fisker Karma Certified Wood Interiors Wimbledon Fisker Karma 0 10-12-2010 11:28 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.