Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Hi All just wanted introduce myself also having an issue (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/32153-hi-all-just-wanted-introduce-myself-also-having-issue.html)

umolle 12-07-2016 12:20 AM

Hi All just wanted introduce myself also having an issue

Hi my name is Uriah and I have owned the Fisker Karma for 2 plus years. I'm having a mechanical issue with the "PARK SYSTEM FAULT" where I turn my car off and its in neutral when I start it back up. When I shift it into drive it won't go the light on the console shows its in neutral but the car wont move it shift into reverse and drive but the car won't move you can hear it trying but I don't push the gas hardly at all because I know there an issue. The only way I get around this so I can drive it is pulling the main cable under the hood on the passenger side and let them stay disconnected for 30 mins or more then plug it back in and maybe have to do this a few times before I see the light on the center console shows its in Park. Then I know I can drive it again till the next time.

BTW if I posted this in the wrong area let me know where to post in correctly thanks everyone for any ideas or help

I have taken to Alex Potts at Elite Motors OC in Aliso Viejo but he has been able to figure it out. Any ideas I would appreciate it.

PowerSource 12-07-2016 12:49 AM

Flash back to 520

guitarman 12-07-2016 11:48 AM

I dropped my white Karma off to Alex yesterday for a software update to 535. He had a tiffany blue (repainted) and a Brown (earth?) car in the bays. Was one of those yours? Just curious. If I can be of help let me know Im in irvine.

Brad

carnutdr 12-07-2016 09:41 PM

Have you just shut car off and than restarted the car.
I had a similar issue if accidently shut car off in drive. If than restarted the car every thing wouldn't work but shut it off again as was in park and restarted it the car went into gear as it should. Now I always make sure car is in park when I shut it off and many times put in neutral first than in park and shut it down.
I hope this helps as car has a mind of its own at times.