Driving in warm weather vs cold - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
It's too bad the precondition feature was not enabled in the production Karmas. It would have been nice to have that when I was living in New Hampshire.

I know, but preconditioning - as of my understanding - would gebe kept the car in the last condition set at switch off time.
I'm thinking of bypassing this and just send some kind of CAN message to the seats, if it is 6:00am and the car is on 230v...

Might be some bullshit idea, but still would be nice.

About cold packs in Belgium:
I doubt, that you have more freezing periods or lower temps during the night, than we normally face.
I'm using the Karma since 2012. It is exposed to the elements 7/24 all year... no problems so far...
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I know, but preconditioning - as of my understanding - would gebe kept the car in the last condition set at switch off time.
I'm thinking of bypassing this and just send some kind of CAN message to the seats, if it is 6:00am and the car is on 230v...
As I understood preconditioning, that was how it worked. Maybe turn on the Auto mode with the existing settings.

Turning on the seat heaters would be nice too, but that only works for cold weather. The precondition would have worked equally well for hot or cold weather, as long as the temperature was set to your liking before you locked the car.

Also, limiting the remote activation to the key fob would mean that you have to be very close to the car to get the heat/precondition going. Ideally, you would be able to send a message to the car over the air before leaving the house, or have a timer activate the feature autonomously (which I think is what you suggested.)

I think all of this is possible as long as you have a programmable CAN interface that could mediate between you and the car. I wonder if anyone makes anything like that ....

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Might be some bullshit idea, but still would be nice.

About cold packs in Belgium:
I doubt, that you have more freezing periods or lower temps during the night, than we normally face.
I'm using the Karma since 2012. It is exposed to the elements 7/24 all year... no problems so far...

If x temp outside the heated seats turn on.

Heated seats powered by 12v battery not HV so would have to close contactors and enable APM. Could be done but is on a different bus (lin).
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote