First major repair update - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Default First major repair update

I finally did it! After lightning damaged my Karma's ability to charge awhile back, leaving me with the dreaded CE light instead of the speedometer, I finally made the trip to get it fixed :-D

Let me reiterate, I'm in North Carolina. The closest dealership to me is technically Georgia, but they gave me an estimated time of repair of "about a month"! That's a long time to leave your car sitting and driving a rental. Fisker of Cherry Hill (FiskerPhilly) gave me a much more acceptable estimate of "a day or two", so I made the drive to him.

That really says something for the Fisker, really. Even after being struck by lightning, I had no real problem making the 10-hour trip. I can't say that driving around Philly with a big car is a very pleasant experience, but other than that... uneventful.

True to his word, Joe (FiskerPhilly) and Brinton were able to get the job done in record time! He also replaced my central exhaust, replaced a failed module that wouldn't balance, and updated my CIU to the latest software, all within 2 1/2 days! Not to mention the fact that Brinton made a special trip to come pick up my car at the hotel late in the evening, so that I wouldn't have to fight the traffic myself (that's what you call "going way beyond the call of duty").

On top of that, they worked quickly and diligently with my insurance company (Erie), who was also surprisingly accommodating.

So now, yea for me! I finally have my speedometer back, and I'm basically driving a brand new car again :-) Thanks, Joe!

Next up... paint job in the Spring to fix that irritating road rash :-P
GoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
DHH

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

Honestly if it were not for Joe, Adam and a few others we all would be screwed. My local dealer quoted me "months" to fix my HVAC - I trailered it to Joe and had it back in a week.

The new Kama has doomed themselves by not embracing the people that can keep these cars running.
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNC View Post
I finally did it! After lightning damaged my Karma's ability to charge awhile back, leaving me with the dreaded CE light instead of the speedometer, I finally made the trip to get it fixed :-D

Let me reiterate, I'm in North Carolina. The closest dealership to me is technically Georgia, but they gave me an estimated time of repair of "about a month"! That's a long time to leave your car sitting and driving a rental. Fisker of Cherry Hill (FiskerPhilly) gave me a much more acceptable estimate of "a day or two", so I made the drive to him.

That really says something for the Fisker, really. Even after being struck by lightning, I had no real problem making the 10-hour trip. I can't say that driving around Philly with a big car is a very pleasant experience, but other than that... uneventful.

True to his word, Joe (FiskerPhilly) and Brinton were able to get the job done in record time! He also replaced my central exhaust, replaced a failed module that wouldn't balance, and updated my CIU to the latest software, all within 2 1/2 days! Not to mention the fact that Brinton made a special trip to come pick up my car at the hotel late in the evening, so that I wouldn't have to fight the traffic myself (that's what you call "going way beyond the call of duty").

On top of that, they worked quickly and diligently with my insurance company (Erie), who was also surprisingly accommodating.

So now, yea for me! I finally have my speedometer back, and I'm basically driving a brand new car again :-) Thanks, Joe!

Next up... paint job in the Spring to fix that irritating road rash :-P
Not surprised to hear your story. This is a unique car and my experience with Joe and staff is worth any geographic issues. Enjoy.
I just got back from leaving my Karma for 5 weeks on a 54% charge and no trickle charger. Started perfectly thanks to the updated software. :-)
fiskerjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)

If you have repaired as many charging issues as Joe and I it's really a walk in the park to fix. I like to keep the car overnight just to make sure it charges fully.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskerjim View Post
Not surprised to hear your story. This is a unique car and my experience with Joe and staff is worth any geographic issues. Enjoy.
I just got back from leaving my Karma for 5 weeks on a 54% charge and no trickle charger. Started perfectly thanks to the updated software. :-)
That's a lot of confidence in the new software. I would still hook up a trickle charger if I were to leave my car for that long, even with BL 535.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
That's a lot of confidence in the new software. I would still hook up a trickle charger if I were to leave my car for that long, even with BL 535.
good point, i think i'm putting my trickle charger back on tonight, left it off for 2 weeks now, will test it tonight -- would hate to change the battery in the wheel well.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
If you have repaired as many charging issues as Joe and I it's really a walk in the park to fix. I like to keep the car overnight just to make sure it charges fully.
This was my real concern. When the Georgia dealership estimated a month, I instantly thought, "these guys have no idea what they're doing."

Well worth the drive (even fighting the traffic) for peace of mind!
GoNC is offline   Reply With Quote