Well it finally happened - my first hard reset - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Default Well it finally happened - my first hard reset

I suppose it had to happen sometime. I'm an original owner and use my Karma as my daily driver. After four years and nine months of reset-free driving I finally had to do my first hard reset. I was out to dinner last night and leaving the restaurant I got the "flashing ready" indication. Several rounds of soft resetting didn't help.

Thanks to this forum I know that the flashing ready seems to be an occasional side effect of the 535 update, and of course there have been countless discussions of how to hard reset. So I broke my streak: I popped the hood, disconnected the reset cable (after a couple of minutes fumbling with it to remember how), let it sit for 30 seconds and reconnected. It started right up.

I'm glad we have this forum so that I knew what to do. I can only imagine that a less informed Karma owner might be typing a different post as they waited for the flatbed trailer.

Brent
Old 11-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)

30 seconds? I had to leave disconnected for 10 minutes...

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
I suppose it had to happen sometime. I'm an original owner and use my Karma as my daily driver. After four years and nine months of reset-free driving I finally had to do my first hard reset. I was out to dinner last night and leaving the restaurant I got the "flashing ready" indication. Several rounds of soft resetting didn't help.

Thanks to this forum I know that the flashing ready seems to be an occasional side effect of the 535 update, and of course there have been countless discussions of how to hard reset. So I broke my streak: I popped the hood, disconnected the reset cable (after a couple of minutes fumbling with it to remember how), let it sit for 30 seconds and reconnected. It started right up.

I'm glad we have this forum so that I knew what to do. I can only imagine that a less informed Karma owner might be typing a different post as they waited for the flatbed trailer.

Brent
Happy to hear that it worked. I am also very happy that I never updated to 530/535. 520 (knocking on reclaimed wood) appears to be working fine and playing nice with my TOM. I even get stationary ICE charging as a bonus, which is not available under 535, even with TOM.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)

You finally popped your cherry
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks for posting this - very helpful read, as I prepare to drive up and rescue my damsel in distress suffering the same problem in her garage at work.

I wanted to update this thread to note the similarities in your situation and ours right now: original owner using 2012 as daily driver; years of reset-free driving; the "flashing ready" indication; and several rounds of soft resetting didn't help. AND we have the 535 update.

If 535 seems to be the cause of these issues, and KA has indicated 535 will be the LAST update, then it seems KA has left us with a faulty product, which should add to the pressure for them to work with PowerSource on a longer-term solution.

Also a huge shout out of thanks to Harleyguy who diagnosed this by phone, sent pictures and basically saved us once again.
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Thanks for posting this - very helpful read, as I prepare to drive up and rescue my damsel in distress suffering the same problem in her garage at work.

I wanted to update this thread to note the similarities in your situation and ours right now: original owner using 2012 as daily driver; years of reset-free driving; the "flashing ready" indication; and several rounds of soft resetting didn't help. AND we have the 535 update.

If 535 seems to be the cause of these issues, and KA has indicated 535 will be the LAST update, then it seems KA has left us with a faulty product, which should add to the pressure for them to work with PowerSource on a longer-term solution.

Also a huge shout out of thanks to Harleyguy who diagnosed this by phone, sent pictures and basically saved us once again.
Hmm, now I'm worried -- is there anything that cause it that you can remember ????