my second ever "blinking READY" (HV contactor?) issue - Page 5 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #41 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)

fwiw, the karma dealer tech in fort worth will only work on the car in 520. if it is not on 520 he flashes it to 520. he says its the only stable version.
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #42 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Hello all, I want to share my last experiences concerning the blinking ready error.

I bought my Fisker in May 2017. At that time it was raining a lot and the rubber strip below the wind shield was getting loose. Also it happened after driving a sharp angle to the right at around 60-80 km / h I felt some water at my right foot (driving bare foot) which came from the, if I remember well, brake pedal. At that time, regularly I had an orange enigne symbol. At a rainy morning, I started the car (520 software) and the red battery symbol was on; i.e. high voltage error. After a hard reset the car was all right again. In September the car went for service and the water issues were resolved.

Now, almost a year later, last week, it happened that the car did not start right away. After a second start the car was behaving normal. The orange engine symbol appeared again. Last Friday in the morning the car started without problems. I drove around 30 km, parked the car and after 1.5 h I wanted to drive away but had the blinking ready sign. A soft reset didn't work. A hard reset resolved the issue. I drove to work where the car was fully charged at a public charging station. No problems driving home. At home I charged the car at a normal rate of 6 ampères. It stayed there for the rest of the weekend; I did not drive the car. At Monday morning again the red battery high voltage sign was on. A soft reset did not help. A hard reset resolved the issue.

After that the ICU start screen stalled, the odometer was in miles not km's. After charging the odometer was again in km's, but the start screen stalled. The next day, thuesday, the ICU was normal again, but now it cought my eye that the fuel meter is full, which is not the case, it is around 1/3. After charging again the fuel meter is full, which is not the case.

It did rain a bit the passing week in The Netherlands, but not that much. Any thought?

It turns out the blinking ready sign can also happen at 520 software.

Next week the car will go for regular service. I will keep you posted.

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:09 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
Hard reset gets the car running. 520 rollback is the only thing to prevent it from occurring.
My car is at 520 and in the last 4 weeks I had to do a hard reset 4 times, 3 times because of a blinking / flashing ready. The first time I did the reset without getting the car to 'sleep', i.e. wait until the red P light goes out. The car was at around half way its battery capacity. The second time I got the high voltage error, i.e. red battery with lightning symbol. Then after 3 weeks again blinking ready, when I started the car and the battery capacity was around half way. Some days later blinking ready error when the car was at full capacity.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

Old 04-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #44 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
My car is at 520 and in the last 4 weeks I had to do a hard reset 4 times, 3 times because of a blinking / flashing ready. The first time I did the reset without getting the car to 'sleep', i.e. wait until the red P light goes out. The car was at around half way its battery capacity. The second time I got the high voltage error, i.e. red battery with lightning symbol. Then after 3 weeks again blinking ready, when I started the car and the battery capacity was around half way. Some days later blinking ready error when the car was at full capacity.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Bart
You need to get it to the dealer so they can scan the car for fault codes and check the condition of the modules in the HV battery
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
2012 White Eco Sport 2348

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage

Did you take your car in for service? What did they say about the blinking ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
Hello all, I want to share my last experiences concerning the blinking ready error.

I bought my Fisker in May 2017. At that time it was raining a lot and the rubber strip below the wind shield was getting loose. Also it happened after driving a sharp angle to the right at around 60-80 km / h I felt some water at my right foot (driving bare foot) which came from the, if I remember well, brake pedal. At that time, regularly I had an orange enigne symbol. At a rainy morning, I started the car (520 software) and the red battery symbol was on; i.e. high voltage error. After a hard reset the car was all right again. In September the car went for service and the water issues were resolved.

Now, almost a year later, last week, it happened that the car did not start right away. After a second start the car was behaving normal. The orange engine symbol appeared again. Last Friday in the morning the car started without problems. I drove around 30 km, parked the car and after 1.5 h I wanted to drive away but had the blinking ready sign. A soft reset didn't work. A hard reset resolved the issue. I drove to work where the car was fully charged at a public charging station. No problems driving home. At home I charged the car at a normal rate of 6 ampères. It stayed there for the rest of the weekend; I did not drive the car. At Monday morning again the red battery high voltage sign was on. A soft reset did not help. A hard reset resolved the issue.

After that the ICU start screen stalled, the odometer was in miles not km's. After charging the odometer was again in km's, but the start screen stalled. The next day, thuesday, the ICU was normal again, but now it cought my eye that the fuel meter is full, which is not the case, it is around 1/3. After charging again the fuel meter is full, which is not the case.

It did rain a bit the passing week in The Netherlands, but not that much. Any thought?

It turns out the blinking ready sign can also happen at 520 software.

Next week the car will go for regular service. I will keep you posted.

Bart
t4579ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4579ad View Post
Did you take your car in for service? What did they say about the blinking ready?
For some months now I did not have a blinking ready error anymore…

Good Karma??
Old 05-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage

Well my lovely Karma has failed me again. 2 years ago, I had to tow it from St Pete to West Palm (closest karma) to get the high voltage fuse replaced under the back seat because of the flashing ready light. I've gotten this flashing light probably 30 times now but resets normally fix it, but this time, like 2 years ago, I lost all power with many lights on the dash, and my car coasted 1/2 mile into my neighborhood, which was a good thing. I need to know if this job can be performed by a local mechanic and can anyone suggest one because having it towed again, even to the new Karma store in Naples, is still 3 hours away. So disappointing that this keeps happening to me. And on top of that, last week, my exhaust broke off, and my car litteraly sounds like a drag car! It is so loud and when I hit bumps I can hear something underneath the car hitting up and down on the car body, which must be the mufflers hanging down or something. So embarrassing driving. Time to sell as much as I love it...I also need new struts or ball joints or something because my car rattles very loud when hitting little bumps. Ugh...

Last edited by Struthers; 05-08-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Struthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quoted: 60 Post(s)

The fuse replacement is a pretty simple process that takes a short time to complete, and there are at least a couple of threads on here about that. However, I haven't read anything that relates replacing the fuse as a way of fixing the "blinking ready" light. Granted, I'm a mere novice on many things Fisker compared to others on this site. Among other things, I've read that it could be caused by faulty contactors...?

As far as the muffler, you should be able to get a local shop to repair that for you.
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:06 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage

The fuse ended up being bad, which is a good thing, I think, and the replacement ended up taking me only 5 min. I bought several new ones online for $50 each, so I have spares for the next time. Haha. Apparently it's a pretty common fuse for many electric cars. No more blinking ready light 😊

Last edited by Struthers; 05-11-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Struthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:57 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quoted: 136 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthers View Post
The fuse ended up being bad, which is a good thing, I think, and the replacement ended up taking me only 5 min. I bought several new ones online for $50 each, so I have spares for the next time. Haha. Apparently it's a pretty common fuse for many electric cars. No more blinking ready light 😊
you might want to get the bigger fuse. 630A is what i have in there now with the oem as a spare.
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote