Help with fault code - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Question Help with fault code

Hi All;

Today I charged the car, removed the charging cable, got in it, drove to the end of the driveway and switched off the car to get something from the house. Got back in the car and it won't go into READY mode with CEL on and the code says P0A7B, which I know is related to the HV battery but my battery has been 100% so far with no problems. What's strange is that when I connect the car to the charger it shows zero fuel (gas) in the tank. I can't move the darn thing from the end of the driveway as it won't go into D or R just P and N. I can't clear the code either!!!. Any advice? The car is stranded in an awkward spot on the driveway. Any help in how to get it to go into READY will be appreciated.
SAAB 9-3 Aero Cabriolet
FiskerZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I am no expert, but if it were me, I would do a hard reset. How did you see error code? My mechanic says not to hard reset, because it clears error code. But it gets the car running again. Under the hood, passenger side, disconnect cable connector for 30 seconds and reconnect. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. I will let it charge overnight to see if it clears the problem. If not, then I will do a hard reset. I know how to do it.
SAAB 9-3 Aero Cabriolet

Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Do the hard reset it's another bug in 535 sometimes a second reset is needed to get things back going
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Harleyguy. I just charged it again overnight and got in it this AM, no problem.....it went right into READY mode and I wiped the stored codes and the CEL clean with my OBDII scanner. So far, so good. As you say, must have been a bug as it showed the gas tank empty and it was full. Back on track again!!. thanks guys.
SAAB 9-3 Aero Cabriolet
Old 12-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Do the hard reset it's another bug in 535 sometimes a second reset is needed to get things back going
Harleyguy--new to the forum (VIN YH4K14AA6CA001064--purchased used with 8k miles this past Monday 12/5/16), the check engine light came on 80 miles in. I see you referenced frequently on different threads. I see "don't hard reboot" but then others that appear to be CSP's recommend to do it in other places? I saw you recommended to do it twice in this thread though?

I've gotta ask being new to Fisker: I'm waiting on my OBD2 scanner (arrives tomorrow) so I'll get the code, but my check engine light came on maybe 10 miles after my battery ran out the first time. I did a hard reboot, light went away, drove for two days in Stealth only and suddenly when I spent the batter tonight on Day 3 with the car, 5 miles into operating on the combustible engine, the check engine light turned back on? Is this common enough to suggest a hard reboot and assume the car is fine?

Like I said, I'll have the OBD2, mail permitting, but may just drive it 4 miles down the road for a diagnostic to get the code and post it here or peruse further.

Cheers!
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote