Karma Ravero - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2016, 01:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Default Karma Ravero

I had the pleasure of driving the new car yesterday. The design and style has not changed. The battery adds 1kw more than ours, the front calipers are larger, the touch screen is faster and updates wirelessly, and the dash is all digital so can update when needed. The solar roof is much sleeker too. The bad news is the people I spoke with says that they will not release the software for the fisker and no further updates will be available. They will take one in on trade for Ravero though. The car handled tighter, a little more torque and is expected to be much Korean reliable.

Hoping at some point to possibly purchase the new operating system and technology to upgrade my Fisker, but not sure if that will be possible.

Just thought it was worth sharing!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Karma Automotive's approach doesn't sound right to me from a business perspective. Wouldn't it make sense for them to...

A) try and nurture the relationship with those customers, who've already demonstrated an interest in this vehicle, in hopes of upgrading them at some point

B) support the original vehicles as much as possible to prevent people from associating the challenges of those models with the new model

C) recognize the existing customer base as a market for a service offering by itself - after all it may be a while until they've put 2k Reveros on the road

Let's hope they'll come around.
ckoblmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

i also had an opportunity to see the new Revero at the Bridgehampton Auto Show a few weeks ago. New colors-new wheels-new interiors.
As beautiful as it is, underneath it is still a Fisker. Had a chance to speak to a few of their senior execs; talked about them setting a guarantee buy back against the purchase of a Revero. It makes a ton of sense, but not sure it will happen.

They have to come to grips with the fact that the Revero is just an updated Fisker and they should treat the old owners with great respect; we are a strong voice either for or against them.

I agree that they should offer future updates to us (where compatible) on an ongoing basis.
It will serve them well in the good will that they will garner. Time will tell.
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

They are offering trade ins for current fisker owners. Est approx! $45-$55k. I spoke with the higher ups and unfortunately they will not provide any further updates. I agree that they should, but the new system updates wirelessly like the Tesla, so not compatible. It does suck for us, but I do understand. The karma dealers will service and have parts though, so maybe things will change in the future.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

The problem is the cost to make the Karma compatibility with the Revero I believe . The Karmas from what I see are failing more and more . I just don't see Karma investing money into the Fisker Karma . I also believe they just wished the car would disappear these are my personal opinion remember I've been involved since 2011 and work for one of the largest Fisker dealership during the time they were in business.
I also believe we would of been a Karma Automotive dealership if their business plan was a solid one to many lies and to many unfilled promises again from what I understand . Meanwhile I have a shop full of Karmas
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
The problem is the cost to make the Karma compatibility with the Revero I believe . The Karmas from what I see are failing more and more . I just don't see Karma investing money into the Fisker Karma . I also believe they just wished the car would disappear these are my personal opinion remember I've been involved since 2011 and work for one of the largest Fisker dealership during the time they were in business.
I also believe we would of been a Karma Automotive dealership if their business plan was a solid one to many lies and to many unfilled promises again from what I understand . Meanwhile I have a shop full of Karmas
I understand. We will see what happens. I was told the Chinese investor has alocated $3.5 billion of his own money to make Karma a success.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedkrma View Post
I understand. We will see what happens. I was told the Chinese investor has alocated $3.5 billion of his own money to make Karma a success.

Don't understand the logic. If the namesake KARMA is abaddon and loses value, how does that help with the BRANDING and GOOD WILL?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Realistically, what a strategy would look like

I spend a couple 100 millions to buy

- a brand for cheap ( even neg brand awareness is still brand awareness)
- IP
- certification
- production infrastructure
- a warehouse full of parts

What am I'm going to do with it

- move the infrastructure so im in control of production, QC
- get rid of my surplus by releasing a car that is been fixed which will also fix bad brand awareness proving that I'm able to deliver turning bad awareness into positive.
-meanwhile dev the next generation product
- buyback (trade in), taking back the bad example out there in the wild.

I have no interest in

- supporting the product which has a bad rep (old car) resource drain, to expansive
- continuing the Revero after I run out resources (parts). By then I have the next product ready.

In a nutshell. Karma is still in the process of restructuring and cleanup to prepare the rebirth of what could become a hopefully great brand.

I enjoy my karma which to me is an exotic with all the benefits and shortcomings. Im aware what I got myself into which is a technological art sculpture I will have to maintain and take care of. I do not expect karma to support me in my efforts.

Just my 50 cent
hansu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
Don't understand the logic. If the namesake KARMA is abaddon and loses value, how does that help with the BRANDING and GOOD WILL?
I don't disagree, but if you look at Fisker, Inc. Website and Karma website, they distinctly confirm they are seperate companies and Karma has nothing to do with the the old Fisker entity. It would be smart to support current owners, but there is no money in that for Karma. They want to sell cars..

Old 10-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
DHH

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

I honesty can't see how they can make it just using old parts and a new CIU interface. The car is so outdated compared to everything on the road. The looks are second to none. But for $130k they need to delivery a contemporary vehicle with performance and features to match.

And with them saying when these parts run out they will introduce a new Revero with new styled bodywork it makes no sense for anyone to buy one knowing in 12 months you will have a old body style of the car. This is the exact reason I did not buy a Revero - I will not buy a car at the body changeover. I will see where this plays out in a year.

They seem like their sole goal is to use all the Chinese money and not really deliver anything new but a 5 year old car with a new radio.
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote