Revero, what do we know so far? - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2016, 12:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marswill View Post
I don't recall seeing the significance of the Revero name before but you might want to take a close look at the name rEVERo. Ring a bell?
I am sticking with my original guess that Revero was selected because it sounds a lot like Revatio, a drug that helps you breathe better, and also has some interesting side effects.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
EV Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlJOHN View Post
I was surprised the hear that the same GM ICE will be used. I understood GM had discontinued that engine. I expected an improvement in the CIU, but a little concerned on the $150K price -- good for our 2012 Karma's resale value.
From what I was told, Fisker had a few of these engines in stock along with a bunch of other parts.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Deep Ocean in ATL

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Karma View Post
From what I was told, Fisker had a few of these engines in stock along with a bunch of other parts.
That's is surprising.... so it has the 2009 ICE.. I was hoping they would move to BWM or VW Diesel with more torque so it wouldn't need thee high revolutions.
AlJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

By the time they launch with the old Ecotec engines any chance at getting a green sticker will be gone. I understand the BMW engines they are going with in the future are SULEV compliant, which would qualify but the stickers are near gone.

It is interesting to see Mercedes S-Class plug-ins with the HOV green sticker even though the Karma has more "Green" cred? Was really hoping for a HOV sticker compliant car.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
By the time they launch with the old Ecotec engines any chance at getting a green sticker will be gone. I understand the BMW engines they are going with in the future are SULEV compliant, which would qualify but the stickers are near gone.

It is interesting to see Mercedes S-Class plug-ins with the HOV green sticker even though the Karma has more "Green" cred? Was really hoping for a HOV sticker compliant car.
The Green Stickers are not nearly gone, they are completely gone. From the DMV Website:

Quote:
MPORTANT NOTICE: The 85,000 statutory Green Clean Air Decal limit has been reached. We will continue to accept applications without payment to establish a queue for requesters should an additional amount of decals be authorized. There is no guarantee that additional decals will be authorized in the coming months. Those individuals in the queue will be notified to submit payment if additional decals are approved. Updates will be provided here as more information becomes available.
Fortunately, there are no limits on White (Zero Emission) stickers. That bodes well for any future BEV Karma conversion -- not that anyone is doing that.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Old 08-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Karma Auto will use up the current inventory of parts left over from the Karma before they move forward . The parts will include the RDM and traction motors, Engine ,Coupler, and basically anything else you can think of from the Karma with the exception of the touch screen and CIU and interior parts since they will offer new colors . I would imagine the seat frames will be from the Karma and they will swap out the leather.
Karma Auto wasn't in a position to do structural changes
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Just read this article:

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/fisker...motive-revero/

So we know at least one of the fixes between the Karma and the Revero was better airflow for ICE cooling. Wondering if the fix is simple enough to make to our Karmas or does it involve lots of new hardware?

Given that it's hot in Phoenix from May-September, this improvement in the Revero caught my attention.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlJOHN View Post
That's is surprising.... so it has the 2009 ICE.. I was hoping they would move to BWM or VW Diesel with more torque so it wouldn't need thee high revolutions.

I don't think you need more torque to drive the generator...
Using a more economic and more silent ice would be nice.
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTGAS View Post
Just read this article:

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/fisker...motive-revero/

So we know at least one of the fixes between the Karma and the Revero was better airflow for ICE cooling. Wondering if the fix is simple enough to make to our Karmas or does it involve lots of new hardware?
Not sure what Karma's solution is but after CFD analysis the only solution to solve the ICE overheating problems, once and for all, is to replace the radiator with a more beefier unit. The stock radiator is off a Solstice and has about the cooling capacity of an A/C condenser. We use this 2 row unit from Ron Davis (pic attached). Never had any issues even in the dead of summer in death valley. Roughly 60% more cooling capability. From our analysis the issue was lack of cooling surface area- not air flow. Previous to radiator replacement, we had the same issues described in the article driving up to Big Bear.

Last edited by PowerSource; 02-24-2017 at 10:34 PM.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Not sure what Karma's solution is but after CFD analysis the only solution to solve the ICE overheating problems, once and for all, is to replace the radiator with a more beefier unit. The stock radiator is off a Solstice and has about the cooling capacity of an A/C condenser. We use this 2 row unit from Ron Davis (pic attached). Never had any issues even in the dead of summer in death valley. Roughly 60% more cooling capability. From our analysis the issue was lack of cooling surface area- not air flow. Previous to radiator replacement, we had the same issues described in the article driving up to Big Bear.
Is it a drop-in fit or do you have to make modifications to the engine compartment to fit it in?