Value of Fisker Karma - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Default Value of Fisker Karma

I am the owner of a silver Fisker Karma Eco Chic with about 6,000 miles. I am thinking about selling it (long story) and was wondering if you guys think the resale value will be higher before or after the Karma Revero is brought to market? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

I think higher after.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

hopefully higher after
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1 View Post
I think higher after.
Higher

That is the hope we all have. If you can wait until the Revero is released...2017? 2018?

What will come first the Revero or Model 3?
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

I hope so too, but it will depend a lot on how different the Revero will be from our Karmas. If it is fundamentally the same car with some new flourishes such as colors, interior combinations, etc., that would probably help the value of our Kamas. On the other hand, if the Revero is significantly improved over the Karma, with better powertrain, higher capacity HV battery, less weight, etc., the impact may be negative. It is also possible that the Revero is greeted by a collective shrug, in which case, there will be no impact.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

I think our classic cars will be worth more. They will be the pure vision of the Karma. The re-launched car will likely have less of the unique design elements that the original Karma's had. For example the battery soul window, and the random flickering lights etc.

Good thing is we may be able to take the best attributes/features of the Revero and put it into our cars and have the best of both worlds. I do not subscribe to the notion that electrically the parts will not work. It is a matter of integration, if it physically fits we can make it work.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
I think our classic cars will be worth more. They will be the pure vision of the Karma. The re-launched car will likely have less of the unique design elements that the original Karma's had. For example the battery soul window, and the random flickering lights etc.

Good thing is we may be able to take the best attributes/features of the Revero and put it into our cars and have the best of both worlds. I do not subscribe to the notion that electrically the parts will not work. It is a matter of integration, if it physically fits we can make it work.
Agree! Think about it, we all know people stare, approach us, take pictures, videos, druel over the looks. It is unique, but not well known. If the car gets press and is better known AND has parts, service, and the company is in business it should help the value, but hurt the uniqueness overtime. Soooo, the best point to sell if that is your plan is within the first year IMO. Strike when it's HOT!
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post

Amen - Hail TOM and other innovations to come ..
Old 01-31-2018, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I too thought it would be worth more after, but I think they need a few more years to appreciate. Unfortunately, I do not have more time with my Fisker.

Short ask:* Do you know how to obtain the Build Sheet for a particular Fisker Karma?* (it apparently is the list of all options, packages and unique setup that each car has)

Full story:* I was also hoping for the original Fisker to increase in value, but my Signature Edition Fisker was taken from me early by a fire, so I never will get to see the day of selling it for more than I paid.* The fire, which took all of my garage and most of my house and almost killed my entire family, was started by my wife's BMW X5 which was parked in the garage next to my Fisker.* You can see what is left of the Fisker (mostly just the 22" wheels) over the news reporter's shoulder:*https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...451540633.html In any case, I am still dealing with insurance and trying to recoup some of the value of the Fisker but right now, it seems all Fiskers are slightly lower in value as back in 2015 when I bought it. Getting the Build Sheet on my Fisker is about the only hope I have left at upping the value I get from insurance, so let me know if you know where to get one.* Usually the dealer that original sold the car can get it for you but as we know, all original Fisker dealers are gone. Karma Automotive was unable to help either, as I think the data is gone forever.
ohme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

@ohme, sorry for your loss. You are correct that there were build sheets for Karmas, I had to fill one out to the exterior and interior options I wanted, but AFAIK, signature edition cars had a single configuration and no options to select. Maybe I am not fully understanding your request.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote