Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Karma Revero

11K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  jomak 
#1 ·
Just got an email about the impending reveal of the new Karma Revero. In included a teaser photo and I see some minor tweaks. Can't wait to see what else they have changed. I like what I see.

#4 ·
For those of you who haven't seen this exciting, brand-establishing presentation, contact the Karma Team at social@karmaautomotive.com.

What it says about the company and management team is more impressive than anything I've ever seen.

And sponsoring a star-studded charity event, UNITE:4HUMANITY, was the whipped cream on the cake. KA's Chief Marketing Officer, James Taylor, standing onstage near a Karma, presented an award to Morgan Freeman for his efforts to help young kids in the Deep South learn to read. The looks on Matthew McConaughey's and the other stars' faces were priceless.

Check it out!

#5 · (Edited)
Here is the actual note. To be fair, it is a bit of challenge to tease a design that has been around since 2007. I think KA deserves credit for trying to gin up buzz about the car after its long hibernation. One note I would give them, if they asked, would be to use fewer words and more images. This car's strongest appeal is to the emotions, not to logic, and the car looks stunning from every angle. For me anyway, the images speak a lot louder than the text.

Attachments

#8 ·
Well, the most obvious difference is the line of the gap for the rear door. From the window corner it made a curve at first going laterally in the original Karma, while on the Revero it is much more straight. Also, the window trim is different. There should be two gaps on top of the car, on either side of the trim piece between the rear window and the roof solar panel. On the Revero, there's just one. Also, the rear haunch (fender flair) looks more angular. And, look at the sharper angle where the door goes from horizontal to vertical at the back edge. More like the door on a Gallardo. Of course, some of this can be due to lighting and viewing angle, but I don't think so. What do you guys think?

#9 ·
I tried to overlay the image from the email on a photo of my car taken from approximately the same angle. Using the corner of the back right window as the reference point, I did my best to line up the other lines (I am traveling with just my IPad, please forgive the low compositing quality). To my eye, the main difference appears to be the lack of chrome trim around the window. All the other lines seem to line up closely with the existing design. You guys see it differently?

#17 ·
That's what I am saying JCMorrill, the teaser email from Karma is just this stock photo I posted of a 2012. Everyone is saying it's the new 2016 Karma. I think I just proved it is not a new car and just a stock 2012 photo. Nothing is new! No difference.

#19 ·
I think the troublesome issue is where are the pics of the new cars - they say they are running cars down the assembly line but yet we never see the new cars. I think I have completely lost faith in the new Karma's ability to deliver a car.

#22 ·
Well, they're building the same car externally. Same body panels, same structure, same visual components. Except for some minor trim and brightwork and maybe a new grill it's going to be exactly the same. They've never claimed otherwise.

What will be different are the mechanicals, the powertrain the the software. It will be a similar wrapper on a very different car I expect.

Brent

#23 ·
I'm going to KA in CA this weekend to participate in some kind of survey/focus group. I think it's about owner opinions for CIU functionality. Looking forward to it, but I suspect indicates that they really don't have final finished cars rolling off, yet, to photograph.

#27 ·
The KA engineer I talked to said the car will basically be the same as they still have most of the parts left including the engines from FA. Some of the electronics will be new as the ones in our cars are outdated. He said they also will improve on the panel gaps and have new colors to offer. The diamond dust paint will not be offered and they are going to some type of metallic paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.