535 is available - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2016, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

The car has two coolant pumps behind the rear bumper that cool the OBCM while the car is charging and running. Its normal for the pumps to run while charging the water your hearing is the coolant circulating . I would check the coolant level in the coolant tank on the right front fender it might be low on coolant. When they are low you can hear the coolant.
The fan behind the front bumper on the passenger side runs if the cooling system for the OBCM and or the invertors is running hot. If that fan runs all the time the car is charging the OBCM might have a issue or again the system might be low on coolant
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

So, now that I have 535, I'm on my 3rd straight "run it down to 0 Stealth" charge tonight. Should I expect that it will go into Cell Balance mode? I am trying to force it. Is that still the method? I expected it last time (2nd time in a row run down to 0), but it stopped in 5 hours.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Garage

FiskerPhilly did my 535 update today, as did several of us met in Fall Church Virginia - So far so good. Parked my car and in seconds it went to sleep -- so far so good.

Thank you Joe!

Old 06-02-2016, 12:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
FiskerPhilly did my 535 update today, as did several of us met in Fall Church Virginia - So far so good. Parked my car and in seconds it went to sleep -- so far so good.

Thank you Joe!
Are you saying the shutdown timer is even faster in 5.35 than the 45 seconds (or so) introduced by 5.20? Or just that the car shutdown normally tonight after the 5.35 update?
Old 06-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

The shut down time is still the same seems he meant everything was normal
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTGAS View Post
Are you saying the shutdown timer is even faster in 5.35 than the 45 seconds (or so) introduced by 5.20? Or just that the car shutdown normally tonight after the 5.35 update?
Well, to me the car went to sleep quicker than normal. I think I had the 5.20 update done and with this latest 5.35 i noticed it went to sleep much faster.

Also. I only lost my pre set seat, everything else stayed the same after the update. Joe is the man!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Just picked mine up after the 535 instal. Drove it from San Francisco to San Jose and all was good except for the tire warning indicator light coming on (checked tires and they are fine). No diag to worry about. I'll do a hard reset and hopefully that will be the end of it. Still need to fully charge it. My car also passed the inspection so I can obtain the warranty.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
So, now that I have 535, I'm on my 3rd straight "run it down to 0 Stealth" charge tonight. Should I expect that it will go into Cell Balance mode? I am trying to force it. Is that still the method? I expected it last time (2nd time in a row run down to 0), but it stopped in 5 hours.
Do you have to run it to zero? I am not aware and I haven't scheduled the update yet. I was kind of waiting to see what everyone thinks so far. I've only had the car just over a week, so I am trying to get a feel for it. The steering wheel wheel advance forward radio station button is touchy and seems to not work more that work, so I have to scroll songs backwards.
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

No, no. @jomak. The way that the old 510/520 software triggers the car's computer to initiate Cell Balancing following the normal charge cycle -- was to run the car down to 0. Fully charge. Then run it down to 0 again. This is not something you have to do to get the new software or anything.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
No, no. @jomak. The way that the old 510/520 software triggers the car's computer to initiate Cell Balancing following the normal charge cycle -- was to run the car down to 0. Fully charge. Then run it down to 0 again. This is not something you have to do to get the new software or anything.
As I understand it, once the car is fully charged, if you leave it plugged into the charger, it will automatically go into cell balance mode and adjusts the cells as long as it remains plugged in.

Drawing the HV battery down to 0 miles (15% SOC) is just to exercise the cells to expose any voltage differences.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote